I am staying... I made dibs!

A couple of days passed after this and all I did was stay as a cat and actually observe the herp. He would ask me to change back whenever it was meal time but I always refused to do so in his presence. I think he knew that as well because he always left the room whenever he saw that I was not changing back but I still stayed as a cat.

Even when he went out for hero work, he made sure I was not following him. Well what vigilante would I be if I couldn't even follow a hero from the shadows? I was a cat and for a cat getting around a busy street was nothing at all. 

Still I needed that time to make my own judgement over this hero. From what I could tell he was a really nice hero and he was definitelly helping a lot of people but I really didn't get why he was so fixated to get me to be his son. 

Then again, would any other hero be able to handle me? Other normal people wouldn't for sure and for the hero without an animal quirk like Ryukyu or Hawks or even Miruko it would be hard but this hero was somewhat different. I felt it. He could have really been the one for me and I meant as a parental figure.

I wonder if I can become some kind of secret side kick...

I won't become a hero!

They are all corrupt!

Besides for the system... I am pretty sure I am offically dead as well.

No need to bring the dead back to life after all.

Should I tell him tho?

No...

Let's tail him for a bit more.

This night was like the most nights very silent and peacful. Thankfully it was such a nice night and we returned back home. I was the first one to get back before the hero so that he wouldn't know that I followed him but I had a hunch he knew anyways.

Aizawa: *sigh* 

Each day whenever he came back from patrolling he would go straight to get some coffee but this time, I went back home first to change into my human form and make it for him. I watched him do it over and over again so I knew how to make it.

Me: Coffee?

Aizawa: Thanks.

He took the coffee from me before taking a sip and looking back at me completly perplexed.

Me: Something on my face?

Aizawa: Your ears...

Me: AH! I can shift between forms and decided to be well normal for once.... Do you prefer me to have cat ears?

Aizawa: No... it just surprised me.

Me: Oh...

Aizawa: So you made your judgement?

Me: You knew I was watching you, didn't you?

Aizawa: Yes. 

Me: What about trailing?

Aizawa: WHAT?!

Me: Oh nothing!

I was about to walk to the living room out of the kitchen if not this damn scarf got me. Not only did I drop my own guard but he really used it on me to pull me closer and even used his quirk to prevent me from shifting.

Aizawa: What did you say?

Me: I ahm...

Aizawa: You were trailing me?

Me: .... ahm...

Aizawa: How long and since when?

Me: .....

Aizawa: Kid, this is dangerous!

Me: ....

Oh  I soo didn't dare to tell him for how long I was trailing him at first but the moment he said it was dangerous, I had it. What on earth was not dangerous?! Life itself was a dangerous game too! So I really didn't get his problem at all.

Me: Let me go before I decide to fight back for real! 

While I was saying that, a low hissing noise escapped my mouth as well.

Me: Oh and what you mean dangerous, I am literally a vigilante for YEARS! I know my way around and not even you, a pro hero, an underground pro-hero if I may add, managed to actually spot me! SOOOO would you let me go now!

He definitelly looked at me for a bit but he let me go. I was sure that my well cat like temper got to him. I could be nice and in the next moment a devil. Something I never really got to fix but why even did I needed to fix it. I was perfect the way I was.

Aizawa: *sigh*

Me: Anyways... I have a question.

Aizawa: Yes?

Me: I am basically dead and not registered.... I don't want to be registered... soo ahm... if I decided to stay.... would you accept me like this?

Aizawa: Explain. How are you dead?

Me: Well... you see... I've been on the streets for soo long and I am pretty sure that people forgot me and my mom declared me as runaway or even just dead. I mean after more than 10 years... people who are missing are declared dead.

Aizawa: And you don't want to be alive on paper?

Me: Nope.

Aizawa: Any reasons?

Me: I wanna stay a vigilante.

Aizawa: *sigh* That is illegal and you know that.

Me: I do but I am dead and a cat for most people so no one can do anything about it. As for you.... no one can actually say anything against another cat.

Aizawa: And your stuff?

Me: What you mean my stuff? I just need like 3 pairs of clothes and that is it.

Aizawa: *sigh* You think to minimalistic.

Me: Huh?

Aizawa: So you decided to stay?

Me: With that once condition, yes.

Aizawa: Fine. Still better than a vigilante kid outside which I have to hunt down.

Me: Mh! Glad to be on board with ya!

Now that this was settled, I decided to just get to the sofa and then sit down there and actually for the very first time just lay there and take a nap in human form. I really enjoyed being a cat so much and I think the hero knew that as well. Still the last thing I felt was the hero ruffeling my hair a bit and then leaving the room.