19

(Y/n) was helping Kokonoi in his office with organizing his paperwork while he typed on the computer, a pair of glasses on his eyes as he complained they hurt.

As she was rifling through the stacks of paper from financial reports to trades and debt collections, something small and flimsy fell from between and landed on the ground, "hm?"

Curious, (y/n) bent over to pick it up and brought it close to her face, realizing it was a photograph from years ago. There were three people and she instantly spotted Kokonoi but the other two she didn't know. Childhood friends, perhaps?

"Koko?" The (h/c)-haired beauty turned around to approach his desk with the item in hand, "i-uh...found this." She placed the photograph in front of him, watching as his eyes widened, recognition flashing for a brief moment.

"This is..." Kokonoi tentatively picked it up, observing it with solemn eyes before darting them to (y/n), "...you're not gonna ask?" He furrowed his brows at her silence.

(Y/n) shook her head with a smile, "it's not my business, besides you should be the one to tell me when you're ready." She reassured, turning back to the mounts of paperwork.

It was silent in Kokonoi's office before the money-maker spoke up, "their names are Inupi and Akane..." he began, leaning back against his leather chair as he watched the (h/c)-ette turn around, listening quietly.

He sighed, "akane...was someone i love dearly, she was the sister of inupi. Unfortunately, due to a fire accident, she had severe burns and didn't make it out alive. The money to help her was too costly and there wasn't enough time..." he admitted, pausing to reminisce.

(Y/n) eyed him carefully, opening her mouth, "you still love her..?" she asked him.

Kokonoi nodded. "Very much so..." the money-maker paused, softening his eyes at the (h/c)-ette, "but i found someone else now, so my heart can rest in peace. Akane was past...but you're my present and future, angel.....always." He affirmed, motioning his finger for her to come to him.

(Y/n) felt her tummy flutter with butterflies as she slowly approached kokonoi, taking his hand as he put her to rest on his lap, wrapping his arms around her waist and leaning in to passionately kiss her, his tongue roaming her sweet cavern as he tilted his head to gain more access.

The (h/c)-ette clutched onto his clothes with her hands, reciprocating his affections before moving her arms around his neck, bringing him closer. Their breaths mingled before slowly parting, hovering a centimeter away.

"Don't leave me...angel..." Kokonoi muttered, embracing her in his arms, head on her chest as she rubbed his hair, a soft smile on her lips, "never..." she reassured.

The two stayed like that for a moment before the door slammed open and Sanzu waltzed in with a grin on his face with Kakucho trailing after him with an exasperated sigh, "greetings money-man!! We got a mission!"

Kokonoi gave the pinkette a look of distaste as he rolled his chair back with (y/n) still on lap. He sighed, keeping one hand on the girl's waist while the other rubbed the bridge of his nose in annoyance from being disrupted, "what mission? don't you go with ran and rindou all the time?"

Sanzu scoffed, opening his mouth to say something when his cerulean blue eyes landed on (y/n), a grin forming on his scarred lips as he shouted with glee,
"ANGEL!!" He waltz around koko's desk and gave her a sorrowful pout, "why don't you sit on my lap too instead of that old man, baby?"

Koko had an irk mark as he retorted back, "I'm not an old man, this is my fashion senses!!!" Sanzu mocked him, snickering, "why you—-I'm cutting your fucking paycheck in half!!"