29

It was november and the days are getting cooler by the minute, a sign that winter was approaching just around the corner.

It's windy and dark as (y/n) and sanzu pace down the
sidewalk. "It's so cold." The pinkette complains, his teeth chattering. He suddenly brings his palm up to her face, his other arm wraps tighter around her.

"What are you doing?" She asks him, gazing into his eyes with confusion.

"Protecting you from the cold, duh."There's clearly ignorance in his tone. (y/n) frowns. With her hand, she pulls his palm down from her face, "haru, i'm fine."

Her words cause sanzu to stop in his tracks. She does the same, "i just want to look out for you..." he admits quietly. She looks up. Through the dark, she can see sadness in his expression.

Feeling a guilty inside, she purposely shivers, "it really is freezing," she lies, gazing at him with her arms wrapped around herself, "warmth, please."

The (h/c)-ette runs into him, face burying into his chest. The pinkette stumbles back a little by her immediate action, but eventually embraces her back.

"you're so cute." he whispers, caressing (y/n)'s back. His lips meet the top of her head, "and I love you." He grumbles quietly, causing her lips to quirk up as she repeats the words back, a wide grin stretching on his face.

The two were heading back to his car when sanzu got a call from mikey, he immediately answered it, "yeah, boss?" Him and (y/n) paused mid-walk, the female patiently waiting for him to be done. She heard small bits and pieces of his conversation...something about a job..

She watched as he hung up, facing her with a disappointed sigh, "sorry to cut our date short, babe, but we need to run a little detour quick, alright?"

Hearing that, the (h/c)-ette gave an exasperated look, "detour as in...." She trails off, causing him to nod. He led them back to his car, where he opens the passenger door for her, waiting for her to slip in before getting in the drivers seat, shifting the gears with a mad gleam as he backed out with one hand on the wheel.

(y/n) stayed quiet as she observed where sanzu was taking them. It was a warehouse. From the distance she saw some guys loitering around with guns in their hand.

Sanzu stops the car, turning to the female and cupping her jaw with one hand, giving her serious eyes, "stay in the car and don't come out. Wait till I return, okay?" He see's her nod in understanding before reaching for the glove compartment and taking out two guns, each loaded with nine bullets. He then popped a pill in his mouth, getting out the car and slamming the door shut, making sure it was extra locked with a click of the button before approaching the men.

(y/n) slouched in her eat as her eyes peeked at the situation. A girl can never be too careful. She watches as some unknown men cam barreling out some crates shooting at sanzu and the other bonten members (lower members). She cringed when she heard bullets start firing and couldn't help but worry for sanzu.

Once the sounds of bullets finally came to a stop and the unknown men dropped the ground dead, the pinkette returned to the car, the doors unlocking as he swung it open, bending down to see the (h/c)-ette, a grin on his face, "it's alright now, angel. Those scraps are dead so you can come our if you want." He suggests.

(y/n) reluctantly did so, sticking close to sanzu from behind as they walked back to the men. He ordered them to clean up the bodies and make sure no traces were left behind.

Just then, a gun shot was heard and a surviving enemy jumped out from his spot on top a few crates, making a run for it, when sanzu shot at him, watching as he toppled over and fell into the water, he chuckles, "amateur. Did he seriously think he could escape?"

A loud thud was heard from behind him, causing him to whirl around, the grin on his face fades away as he stared in horror at (y/n) on the ground, blood pooling around her.

"(Y/N)!!!!" He screamed, rushing to her and gently holding her, eyes shaking in panic. His hand touched her back, feeling something warm and the scent of metallic wafting through his nose. He sees that it's blood. She was shot on the back.

Sanzu hurriedly picked her up and rushed her back to his car, going full speed on the roads till he reached HQ. He can't bring her to a hospital because then his face would be seen and he didn't want the cops on his tail. The only thing he can do is get her to their private doctor.

He didn't have enough time to inform mikey or the others when he entered the building, heading to basement level and barging in the doctor office, startling the male inside, "HELP HER!!!" He shouted maniacally, tears welling up in his eyes full of anger, frustration and worry.

The doctor took (y/n) from him, laying her face-flat on her stomach so he can tend to her back, cutting open her shirt and preparing to take out the bullet.

While she was being taken care of, sanzu informed the others immediately and the news that she was shot brought them to the basement in less then five minutes, panicked and worried expressions on their face.

"What the fuck happened!?" Rindou exclaimed, looking at (y/n)'s unconscious figure as their private doctor tended to her wound.

When sanzu explained the situation, he got a punch to the face by kokonoi, the money maker glaring daggers at him, "what the hell, sanzu!? Why did you bring her with you!? You should've brought her back to HQ instead of going!!" He shouts.

The pinkette looked down, not saying anything but clenching his fists tight, feeling beat-down that this was all his fault that their angel was hurt.

After a few more words and some cussing, the guys calmed down when the doctor told them that (y/n)'s wound wasn't serious since it didn't hit an artery so she just needs a few weeks of recovery and no strenuous work that can cause the wound on her back to open up.

Mikey, who was dead silent and staring at the (h/c)-ette with hidden emotions, couldn't help the slump of relief on his shoulders. He was terrified....scared that he would lose another person close to him. If (y/n) had really died....he would forever be lost in the darkness, overtaken by it and unable to return. Right now, she was the bridge holding him up and she were to collapse, then he goes with her.

The bonten executives stayed in the room with her, watching...protecting....making sure she was alright.

Ran sat close to her, caressing her hair gently and searching her unconscious face with a sigh, "...did you at least kill the bastard?" He asks darkly, purple hues glinting menacingly.

All eyes dart to sanzu, who returned it, a mad gleam in his eyes, face shadowing, "of course." He spat. The guys nodded.

Mikey stares at (y/n) blankly, holding her hand and feeling her warmth, making sure she was breathing and alive. Whoever was involved...will pay dearly.....

A/n: enjoy....