5: { Opening up? }

{ POV }
{ Dexter }

I would like to inform you that the chapter will focus on serious topics such as trauma. If you are uncomfortable about this type of topic, please exit out of the book and read a different story.
You have been warned.

━─━────━─━───༺༻──━───━─━────

I pace around the room, an obvious worried expression stuck on my face.

"Dude- Calm down, I'm sure she just passed out-"

"No, it's not that." I responded instantly to Matthew, who has been trying to calm me down for the past two hours. "I'm just worried how she keeps getting these 'flashbacks' whenever a certain action is being commenced to her."

Leo sighed, closing a book and looked up at me. "I can see why, from what I observed, pushing her off high places and jumpscaring her with hands held out like we're going to push her seems to trigger her flashbacks. I'm not sure if we're able to make her forget about it.. it seems to be stuck with her," He placed the book beside him. "considering she fell in a void and was supposed to be deleted, but.."

Matthew blinked, gazing at Leo as he also formed a thinking expression. "Why was she brought here instead..?" He trailed off, his voice fading until he shook his head. "We can discuss about it later."

Sora takes the book beside Leo and placed it back into it's original spot in the shelves, turning around to me and Matthew. "We'll need someone to calm her down if she starts getting flashbacks to avoid her passing out." Sora stated, receiving nods from me and the others.

A few seconds later, we hear a door knob being twisted open from behind me as we all averted our gazes to  Coffee, looking empty and uncomfortable as she held tightly onto the door knob. "..Hi."

We all blinked a couple of times, and thought the awkward silence was starting to overwhelm her judging by her expression. "How are you? Any headaches or something?" I questioned, turning my body around so I would fucking break my neck.

She shook her head, looking out the window. "Break round?" She glanced at Matthew.

Matthew nodded in response. Coffee looked out the window again and stepped forward, closing the door behind her. "I'll just go on a walk, fresh air or something." She muttered, approaching the door as she opened it and exited the building.

We all watched at she exited, eyes frowning in sympathy. We always were considerate and worried for anyone who's still dealing with trauma, me and the others went through that state.. but recovered decently. Yet, Coffee has been here for a while, she's still dealing with it.

Our trauma wasn't even about being deleted. God.. being betrayed and pushed off into a deletion void by your very own brother, that's fucked up.

{ POV }
{ Alex }

━─━────━─━───༺༻──━───━─━────

I walk down the streets of the Seraph Research map, going on a little stroll. I yawn and stretched, moving my head up and saw a grey figure sitting on a bench, staring off into the distance.

That grey hoodie.. ah. I drank a can of cola and sprinted towards a bench, timing myself perfectly to fly up behind Coffee and sat down beside her. "Feeling better?" I asked, moving my gaze to the distance.

She simply shrugged, no words coming out of their mouth.

I sighed. "I don't mean to rush anything, but you can always open up to us if you feel like it." I opened my mouth but closed it back, sighing once again. "I.. me and the other can't say we were once in the same situation as you, but it's definitely related to the state you're going through."

She sucked in a sharp breath and pulled her hood, trying to cover her face. "It's no big deal, I can deal with it myself. You guys take care of yourselves, don't focus on me." She answered, as if it can convince me that easily. Trauma is in fact, a very big deal. 

I shook my head. "What you're dealing with is something big, serious and bad." I paused, slowly averting my gaze to Coffee. "Coffee, you can talk to me if you'd like."

Coffee remained silent, staring at the ground with her head down and face barely visible because of the hood. "No." She responded, rising up to her feet. "At least, I don't want to, at the moment." She crossed her arms and turned around, walking away.

I watched her head back to the building, sighing. Looking back at the distance with a worried expression.

.

.

.

.

{ Hey hey, my little stars! :D I've noticed that I somehow reach 200+ views which I was not expecting.. genuinely- But I'm truly grateful! I was planning a doodle/drawing containing the gang but unfortunately I couldn't finish it in time due to school Intramurals (we did well this year!!), homework, table tennis practice, side chapters and planned character (the gang) lore. Hopefully around 300-500 reads I'll be able to do something!}

{ Once again, thank you! ^^ I hope you have a wonderful day/noon/night ahead! }