13: { Rivalry }

{ POV }
{ Third Person }

━─━─────━────༺༻───────━─━────

Dexter darted out a wall in the Facade map, throwing a cola to the side as his speed boosted him.

He slowed down as he heard the bots idle sounds go faint in the distance until he was left with silence. He stopped in his tracks and leaned on a wall, regaining his breath.

He stayed there for a while, resting while still on alert. He felt gentle vibrations on the ground and watched as Meraki crawled out of the wall behind Dexter, downed.

"Revive me you fuck." Meraki spat after Dexter just stared at him.

Dexter replied with a scoff, rising up to his legs as he dusted off imaginary dust. "You're worth none of my time."

Meraki bared his teeth. "Just revive me you fucking jackass!" He yelled, trying to irritate Dexter into reviving him.

Dexter let out a loud groan in annoyance, wanting Meraki to shut up. He turned around and bent down, reviving Meraki just for the sake of shutting his god damn mouth.

He stood up again, crossing his arms as he watched the purple blocky get up. "Happy now, you fucking rat?" 

The purple and white blocky lifted his pupils up at Dexter, scoffing. "Oh please, at least I don't pull out a gun out of nowhere for no reason." He rolled his eyes and leaned his back on the wall.

Dexter clenched his fists harder, his black painted nails basically digging into his skin. "You piece of sh-"

"Please stop arguing, what's got the tension between you guys?" Leo appeared behind Dexter. Turns out he was behind a wall the whole time, listening to the two.

Meraki and Dexter shot a stinging glare towards each other before Dexter responded. "It's nothing, let's go." He walked over to Leo and grabbed his hand, walking away while the shorter yellow figure tries to maintain balance and walk on the same pace as Dex.

"Dex.." Leo muttered to the taller figure, yet receives silence for a response. "Dexter?" He repeated, still no answer.

"Dexter! DEXTER!" Leo shouted loud enough for Dexter to snap out of his thoughts and draw his attention to Leo. The yellow blocky quickly snatched his hand away from Dexter's grip and held it with his other hand. "You're gripping on it too tight, it fucking hurts."

Dexter blinks twice before replying. "Oh- Sorry." He opened his mouth to add more to his sentence before closing it back, looking away and averting his gaze.

Leo quickly took notice of his face and placed a hand on his shoulder. "What's going on with you and Meraki? You both never seem to get along." He worryingly asked.

Dexter groaned and felt his hands close tight. "Just who lets that purple shithead stay in the server?! We don't know where they came from, we don't know any information of them other than their names, they're completely random people who bypassed and joined the server!" He finally finished his dialogue and cross his arms again. "This guy doesn't give off the best vibes."

Leo took a moment to process his words and sighed. "You're probably just paranoid, Dex." He formed a small smile for reassurance. "Matthew did say that we're all gonna keep an eye on the two."