9: { Darkness and Ruins }

{ POV }
{ Third Person }

━─━────━─━───༺༻──━───━─━────

Coffee fidgeted with her hoodie strings as she sat down behind a wall in the Backrooms map.

"( This place is so confusing.. )" She thought, the map was incredibly huge and it's unbelievably difficult to find the other people. The bots can jumpscare you without warning, there's way too many walls. 

While she waited for something to happen, her mind was still on about Sora and this 'demon star' thing, yet she doesn't have the energy to look into it more. She can just leave it be, and maybe Sora is just playing around.. but the weird feeling just doesn't go away.

Startled, she quickly flinched as her vision faded into white and disappeared.

"Finally, just one more." She sighed.

It was the third round now, she started running and wondered what this special round is.

She pressed 'exit' on the rewards panel, and suddenly stopped in place.

Coffee's mind started to think about it, why is there a rewards panel? 

Isn't that supposed to be in video games? Most importantly why are there.. rounds? As if everything is a game.

She facepalmed. "What am I thinking? My hometown is as equally weird as this place..."

"..Aside from that kid named 'Player'," She began walking again. "who even dumps soda in sewers?"

Still, she can't get her mind off it. Everything.. it feels like a game..

Coffee shook her head. "Stop overthinking, damn it." She groaned until sudden darkness faded and surrounded her.

"..Fuck.. fuck fuck- No!" She quickly took out her night vision goggles and wore it, turning it on then sprinting off. "God I hate this."

She ran around for a while and slowed down in the middle of the darkness, she took her goggles off and looked around. "Geez, it's genuinely creepy."

She shivered, hastily putting the goggles back on and ran off in search for the others.

After another few minutes of running and as a result of being paranoid of her surroundings and not focusing where she's heading, she bumps into Dexter and they both fell.

"FUCK!" Coffee yells, about to take her goggles off but her wrist were grabbed, causing her to be dragged. "What the hell?!"

"Do you want to die or live?! Look behind us you dumbass!" Dexter yells.

Coffee registers Dexter's existence and looks behind them both, seeing two bots chasing them. Having bots chase you in the dark is just pure horror material.

They ran around for a while, taking sharp turns and using the wall as advantages until they lost the bots.

They both sat down to regain their breaths.

"What.. the hell.." Coffee panted, probably traumatized for the second time.

Dexter peeked from the wall and looked away, averting his gaze to Coffee. "You alright?"