Sunday, September 9, 2007

Melissa

Valerie and I are having breakfast together. I am nervous playing with my food. "Lis what is it?". I look at her a bit unsure. "C-Can we talk for a second?" She nods. " Of course. What do you want to talk about?". I sigh. "I know you mean well and kindly, but you really spend too much money on me. We also have to look at a solution for my income. For when I really stop working at school". Valerie takes my hands. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." I give her a small smile. "It's just that you do so much for me and I can't give you anything in return. I don't want you to think that's why I like you." Valerie gets up and sits down next to me. She gives me a big hug. "Lis you give me so much back. Just your presence is enough. You make me happy and make me live again. I can easily spare the money, but I will try to take it into a minimum". She lets go of me and looks at me sweetly. "The best thing you could give me is that you came to live here. That is worth so much more to me than anything. I also hope that it can soon feel a bit like a home for you". I give her a small smile. "I have already found my home for a while". I can see the surprise in Valerie's eyes. " W-What? Where?".

I rest my forehead against Valerie's. "Do you remember when I broke down after we decorating the Christmas tree?". She nods. "That was the moment I found my home". I can see she doesn't understand. I put my hand against her face and gently caress her cheek. "I used to think that a home was a building with walls and a roof, but that's not the case. You are my home, Valerie". Valerie's eyes water. Slowly I see her face getting closer. " Three months". I whisper. Valerie looks into my eyes. "You really think I can wait another three months after you told me this". I sit back slightly to distance myself from her. "Yes you can. I don't want you to regret letting go in the moment." Valerie hugs me and rests her head against my shoulder. "Fuck why are you making it so hard for me". I kiss her head. "We can do this, Val". Sighing, she nods. "You don't want to know how much this means to me what you told me". I can tell she's crying happy tears. I hug her tight and we sit like that for a while in silence.