Friday, November 2, 2007

Melissa

Anne and Emma are sitting outside around the fire. They seem to be having a relaxed conversation. "There you are. I left your pizza in the oven". Anne is the first to notice us. "You can sit. I'll get it. Do I need to bring anything else for you?" Valerie shakes her head. "Looks like Anne has already taken care of my wine". I let go of her hand and continued my way inside. There I put some pizza slices on two plates and grab myself a glass of milk. Then I go out again. I hand Valerie her plate and then take a seat next to her. "Are you in a better mood now?". I nod to Emma. "We had a good conversation". I say when I look at Valerie. Who looks at me with a beautiful smile. In the light of the fire she looks even more beautiful than she already is. I think I could watch at her all night long. "What are our plans for this weekend?". I then shift my attention to Anne if she asks. Valerie starts laughing. "An you know you can't get me out of here." Smiling, Anne shakes her head. " Okay. Emma and Melissa do you have any plans?". I shrug. "I'd like to go for a walk on the beach tomorrow, I think." I look questioningly at Valerie. She nods with a smile on her face. "I actually want to go into town. They have an outlet shop here that I would like to visit". It's Emma who says it. "I think that's a good thing too. You?". I shake my head at Anne. "I'm not into that. But you can go." Emma gets a small smile on her face. She knows that I have actually wanted to go there for a long time. But I want to give her the chance to do something alone with Anne. I just hope that Valerie is on board with that, too, and that I get some alone time with Valerie too. "Just go with the two of you, then Melissa and I will make that beach walk". Anne also gets a big smile on her face. "Great, then that's settled. Shall we go straight after breakfast tomorrow?" she asks Emma. To which Emma nods with a big smile. " An if you don't dare to have breakfast very early. The only good thing about the weekends that Rose is not there is that I can sleep in". I put my hand on Valerie's thigh. I know how much she misses Rose when she's not around. She puts her hand over mine and squeezes it gently. I look at her with a small smile. "It's almost Monday again".

We've been outside for over two hours now. There is a lot of laughter. We are telling stories about each other. And of course they are not the most charming stories. I do like hearing the stories about Valerie when she was around my age. I laughed the hardest when Anne was telling me that Valerie was trying to impress a group of friends. Valerie was so proud to have jumped a ditch, but less than a second later she slipped in a cow pet. " Are you cold?". Valerie asks me softly. "A little bit, but it's still manageable." She gives me a sweet smile and then stands up. "Can I grab something inside for someone?". Anne, Emma and I shake our heads at Valerie. "It's nice to see you like this." I look at Anne who says it as soon as Valerie is inside. "Like what?". She shrugs. "I don't think I've seen you smile like that before. You also start to become a little more open". I look at her with a smile. "A sign that I feel at ease". That also makes Anne smile. " That's good to hear".

Not much later, Valerie comes outside again. She holds a full glass of wine in one hand and a blanket in the other. I am completely surprised when she sits on my lap. She has her legs on one side. I'm not the only one who's surprised, by the way. Anne is looking at us in shock. "What, not good?". she asks with a smile as she puts the blanket over both of us. I think she can read the surprise on my face. "You won't hear me say that." She rests the side of her head against my shoulder. I wrap my arms around her. "How much have you drunk already?". I whisper. " This is my second glass. I drank water for the rest of the evening." She kisses me on my temple. "Your heart is racing". she whispers in my ear. "Have you seen how Anne looks at us?". She shrugs. "I don't care how she looks." I sigh. Valerie puts her hand on my cheek and turns my face so that I look at her. "I am now sitting where I want to be all evening, in your arms. I really don't care what anyone other than you and me thinks about it. Or do you find it annoying?". I shake my head. "Good, then I will stay where I am". She kisses me on my forehead. Then she shifted her attention back to the other two. "An do you remember that time John tried to hit on you". Valerie laughs and starts another story. I can see that Anne really needs to recover herself. Emma is looking at Valerie and me with a big smile on her face.

I am glad that the atmosphere quickly returned to the way it was at the beginning of the evening. Although I'm a lot better now with Valerie in my arms. She's having a hard time staying away from me. She caresses my arm almost all the time and regularly kisses my cheek or neck. Conversely, my hand cannot lie still on her leg. "I'm going to go find the toilet." When Emma is inside, that means only Valerie and I are still outside, since Anne is grabbing something inside. "Have a nice evening?". I turn my face to look at Valerie and nod. She has a beautiful smile on her face. " Me too". She puts her hand against my face and strokes my cheek with her thumb. "I'm just missing one thing." I look at her questioningly. She rests her forehead against mine. She keeps looking into my eyes for a while until her eyes wander to my lips. "Your heart is racing again". she whispers with a smile on her face. I look at her lips and then back into her eyes. "How are we going to last these few weeks?". I say sighing. " Not". Valerie says softly just before she puts her lips on mine. I push her away from me with great effort. "Are you really sure?". I whisper. I don't know how quickly I'll have to put my lips back on hers once she's nodded. I've been waiting for this for so long and it feels much better than I could have imagined. I put a hand on Valerie's neck to keep her as close to me as possible. I try to make Valerie feel my feelings for her through the kiss. It feels like Valerie does too. My heart is really on fire. "Yo what is this?". Valerie stops the kiss. We both look, somewhat out of breath, at Anne. Whose expression I can't really read on her face. "I-I don't know what you're talking about". Valerie kisses me again and then snuggles close to me. I kiss her on the head. " It'll be fine. You are not alone". I whisper to her. "Val?". Valerie and I both look back at Anne, who has returned to her seat. "How long has this been going on?". she asks seriously. Valerie shrugs. I can tell from her how nervous she is. "We have had feelings for each other for a long time. We had actually agreed to keep it friendly until Mel turned eighteen. It went well a few times, but we really couldn't keep our promise anymore. You witnessed our first kiss". I gently caress Valerie's leg and kiss her on the head. She's really shaking and it's not from the cold.

Anne slaps her hands to her face and shakes her head. "How could I not have noticed that". she says laughing. Which brings some relief. "You two are cute together". I see a big smile on Valerie's face. " Thank you". Emma comes outside and looks from Anne to Valerie and me. "Um. Did I miss something?". I shrug. Valerie smiles at me and gives me a kiss. I can get used to this. I feel a tap on the back of my head. I look back at Emma. "You're not eighteen yet." She says laughing as she sits down. "Sorry I lost count." Emma shakes her head with a smile. "Did you know about this?". It is Anne who asks Emma. Emma starts laughing even harder. "You seriously mean to say you didn't realize it yet?". Anne nods. "Yeah, I already knew that when you asked me this week how long those two had been a couple". Anne can laugh at Valerie's remark. "And you were right that I would find out who they had their eye on". I see Anne wink at Emma. "Who knows more about it?". she then asks. "My mom and Chloe and her husband". I see Anne looking at Valerie in surprise. " Your mom?". Valerie nods. "And she has no problem with it?". Valerie starts to laugh a little. "I asked her if she had a problem with me letting a student live with me. She immediately knew who it was. She also knew that I have had feelings for Melissa for a long time. All she did was warn me that Mel isn't eighteen yet. She fully supports it. Of course no one should find out". Anne nods in understanding. "No one hears from me. But maybe you shouldn't kiss in public in the future if you want to keep it quiet." she says laughing. "Thank you and I knew I could trust you". I kiss Valerie on the head. I can see from everything that Anne's reaction brings a great relief to her. Valerie turns her head and looks at me sweetly. "It feels good to be able to do this". I say after kissing her. Valerie nods with a big smile on her face. "Emma what do you think, why don't we give the lovebirds some alone time?". Valerie and I look at Anne. "You don't have to leave for us." I say. Emma stands up. " Anne is right. Enjoy each other together and the beautiful clear evening. I was already planning to go to bed anyway". Anne also stands up. "Make it a nice continuation of the evening. I'm also going to find my bed. I need all my energy to go shopping with this one tomorrow." Anne says with a smile as she puts her arm over Emma's shoulders. "Sleep well ladies". Valerie and I say in unison.