Thursday, November 1, 2007

Valerie

I wake up in an empty bed. Disappointed, I walk to the bathroom to freshen up. When I come into the kitchen afterwards I get a big smile on my face. Rose is already dressed and eating breakfast. Melissa is at the stove and is dancing along to the music that is playing softly. I stand behind her and wrap my arms around her waist. " Good morning". She turns her head slightly and looks at me with a smile. " Good morning". I give her a kiss on her forehead. Melissa then turns back to the pancakes she's baking. I put my chin on her shoulder and together we rock back and forth to the beat of the music. " I am almost finished. If you get a seat, I'll bring it to you." she says after a few minutes. I kiss her temple and let her go. So that she can finish the last one in peace.

I walk to the dining room table. I kiss Rose on her cheek before I sit down. "Have a good sleep sweetie?". She nods. " When we finish breakfast, we have to pack your bag, because daddy is coming to pick you up from school today". I see a smile at Rose, which does me good. Of course, the situation is new to her, but luckily she doesn't seem to be much bothered by it. She always likes to visit Sander and is always happy when she is here. I am also really happy that Sander always makes sure that he is free when Rose should be with him. And like now. He has some extra days off and he likes to spend them with Rose. "Is she going today?" I give Melissa a nod. " He already has weekend and asked if Rose could come earlier. It actually suits me well. Tonight I have some parent-teacher conferences and you have a lot of homework. Friday after work I'll be gone almost immediately". She nods in understanding and puts a plate of pancakes in the middle of the table. " Thank you. It looks delicious". That gets me a smile from Melissa. "So you're home late tonight and tomorrow night?". I nod. "Tonight it will be about eleven o'clock". I hear Melissa sigh, which makes me smile. It means we can't cuddle on the couch together tonight. Sounds like Melissa is just as upset about that as I am. "And I have to talk to you about Friday." She looks at me questioningly. " Anne has a house on the beach. She suggested yesterday that we go there for the weekend". Melissa's face saddens. "So you'll be gone all weekend?". I shake my head. " I said I wanted to spend this weekend with you because we had some things to make up. After she heard that, she suggested that I ask you along". I see a surprised look at Melissa. " What did you say?". I give her a smile. "That I doubted you would want to come. And if, then probably only if Emma came along too. So we had to ask her too."

A smile appears on Melissa's face. "Okay, we're going to talk about this in a bit. By the way, do you know that you almost ruined my plan yesterday?". I look at her questioningly. "What did you want to say when Anne said she was going to walk home?". I have no idea where she's going. "That she said she would call a taxi". Melissa shakes her head with a smile. "Emma admitted to me yesterday that she likes Anne. Only every time she wants to talk to Anne she walks in the other direction. I was sure that Anne would never let Emma go home alone". I'm starting to laugh now too. How could I be so stupid that I didn't see her plan. " Smart move". Melissa nods proudly. " Yep. Now they had to talk. I'm also very curious how it ended, but I'll probably hear that later. As for the weekend, I'd like to come along. At least if you like it too". I nod understandingly. "I'd like to have you there. We'll see how it goes. If Anne finds out, then so be it". I start laughing a bit. Melissa looks at me questioningly. "Do you know what Anne asked me yesterday?". She shakes her head. "How long you and Emma have been a couple". Melissa can also laugh about that. " Serious?". I nod. "I really didn't see the question coming. I actually thought she had already figured out what was going on between us. She was really surprised to learn that you are only best friends. She seemed very relieved by that answer". Melissa starts laughing even harder. "Yes, I believe that". I keep looking at Melissa for a moment. " What?". I give her a small smile. "Have you and Emma ever done more?". I ask a bit unsure. I've been wondering that ever since I found out that Emma likes women too. I see Melissa blushing a bit and that's when I already know the answer. I don't really know how to feel about that. Maybe I shouldn't have asked. She looks at Rose for a moment and then back at me. "Um". I give her a small nod for her to tell me. " Emma had a girlfriend for a while a long time ago. They wanted someone to join them for once. So yes. It's been a one-time thing. Emma and I are definitely not that attracted to each other." I give her a smile. That answer reassures me. "And was it what?". Melissa shrugs. "I did enjoy myself". she says laughing. "But I tell you in advance. As third I had absolutely no problem with it, but I don't want someone else is touching you". I feel my head getting hot. "Fortunately, we think the same about that". That brings a smile to Melissa. "Have you ever had a threesome?". I shake my head. "But I think we'd better find another topic now." Melissa nods in understanding. It's hard enough to hold back as it is. Especially when we discuss this like this and the answers she gives me.