Chapter 40 - You're Gorgeous

Y/N POV

I peeled my eyes open; all I wanted was to see Nat.

Tears slipped down her cheeks as she grinned. "Y/N! Thank god, you're awake!" Nat exclaimed as she brushed her tears away and placed her other hand on top of mine. I smiled gently as I focused on the feelings of her fingers instead of what I was feeling.

I squeeze her hand again and smile weakly in hopes of reassuring her.

"Hi Y/N. You had a cardiac arrest. We are monitoring your heart so you need to stay hooked up to the machines I'm afraid," Bruce explained as he walked over.

"I'm sorry," I whimpered as tears welled in my eyes.

"Don't apologise sweetheart!" Nat said firmly making me look back at her. 

She looked relieved but she had bags under eyes and tear stained cheeks. She looked shattered!

"I didn't mean to use my powers. He just scared me." I whimpered as the memories came flooding back. Nat noticed and gently lifted my hand and kissed my knuckles as she caressed my fingers with her warm, soft and gentle fingers.

"I understand baby," Nat replied. Her exhales brushed across my hand giving me an odd sense of comfort.

"I'm sorry doll. I had to tell her about Hydra," Bucky looked down as he explained. I reached over and squeezed his hand gently making him look back up at me. 

I smiled gently. "It's ok. I trust her," I said which made Bucky smile. "Sorry you have to know," I looked down but I turned my head so she would know I was talking to her.

"Steve might also know," Bucky whispered as he blinked furiously.

"You told Steve?"

Every muscle in my body tightened as Bucky looked down. I could feel a strong burning sensation in my chest as the heart monitor began to beep rapidly.

"I need you to calm down Y/N," Bruce walked over to the bed as I looked around trying to process everything.

"I had to stop Nat from killing him! I didn't mean to. I promise!" Bucky explained as he stroked his thumb against the back of my hand.

"You went after Steve?" I asked as my breaths became more ragged.

"I knew you wouldn't have used your powers unless he hurt you or scared you. I kinda lost it with him." Nat's eyes brimmed with tears once again as did mine.

"I'm sorry... I've caused so much trouble," I whimpered as tears trickled down my cheeks.

My heart rate was still slowly rising as I began to crack and break even more than I thought was possible.

"Y/N, I need you to try and get some rest and to relax. You don't want or need the extra strain on your heart." Bruce said loudly as his worry became more evident. "Nat, Bucky you might want to discuss this later."

Bucky stood up and placed my fingers in Nat's other hand. "I'll come back a bit later Doll," Buck said to me as he turned to leave.

"Thanks Buck," I smiled softly as he left.

"Can you stay Nat?" I whispered, feeling terrified of the thought of being alone.

"I'm not going anywhere sweetheart." Nat said as she held both of my hands in her own and graced her lips across my knuckles.

She leant over to the bed and let go of my hands. I pouted slightly which made her giggle as she placed her palms against my cheeks, cupping my face. I closed my eyes as her soft lips danced with my own. Butterflies appeared and banged against my stomach as fireworks exploded. Her thumb caressed my cheeks as I kissed her back. The beeping of the heart monitor slowed as Nat relaxed me with her lips.

Nat pulled away and I avoided her gaze as blush raced to fill my cheeks. 

"Ok, well umm that worked so I'm just going to go." Bruce said awkwardly before he ran out of the room which made me and Nat laugh heavily.

Nat began to eat the food that Bucky left her but her fingertips never left my hand.

I marveled at the gorgeous girl in front of me as she ate. 

Her eyebrows were resting neatly as she relaxed knowing I was ok. Her thumb graced across the back of my hand as she ate. I admired every one of her features, just wanting to remember it all. Light freckles were sprinkled across her nose and cheeks and she had a light coloured birthmark by her left ear, which I had always loved. It made her look so dainty and cute. Her silver arrow necklace swung slightly as her green eyes stared lovingly at the peanut butter sandwich in her hand; she was absolutely adorable. The dimples in her cheeks danced around as she ate, making her even cuter which I didn't think was possible. God, she was just perfect!

"Enjoying the view are you?" Nat said loudly making me snap out of it and look down in embarrassment.

"Yeah. You're gorgeous." I mumbled. I looked up at Nat and saw her a blushing mess with a goofy grin on her face.