Chapter 46 - Dresses

"I have an announcement!" Tony exclaimed causing everyone to look up. "Seeing as Y/N, Nat and Steve are all better now, I'm going to throw a party tonight. Be there at 6." Everyone grinned, excited for the party.

Every muscle inside my body tensed as I began to slowly panic, overthinking every possible outcome of the party. Nat's fingers gently squeezed mine as she tried to keep me calm. Her thumb graced across the back of my hand as she tried to calm me down.

"Ooh, this is going to be fun!" Wanda said with a large grin.

"Is Thor coming? Is he bringing more Asgardian Liquor?" Bucky asked as everyone chuckled, clearly remembering Buck's last antics with Thor's alcohol.

"He's invited but you know what he's like with random appearances and disappearances." Tony answered as everyone began to talk about the party and what they would wear and drink.

"How many people will be there?" I asked as I began to bite my lip.

"Not many. Probably 200ish." Tony rambled as he quickly responded to everyone's questions. I completely froze as I became more overwhelmed.

"Steve, Bucky, I need your help on a case!" Sam announced loudly as he walked into the kitchen, stunning the room to silence.

Steve and Buck quickly stand up and hurry out of the room following after Sam.

"Oh, that reminds me. Clint, I need you in the lab in a few minutes!" Tony said as I zoned out, quietly panicking. Clint and Tony both leave heading to the lab as Wanda and Vision clean up the plates, loading them into a dishwasher.

"Have you ever been to a party before Y/N?" Wanda called as she finished cleaning up.

"Umm. Not exactly... it's complicated," I stuttered as my chest tightened while I desperately fought to keep my breathing under control.

"You'll be ok Y/N/N. We'll all be there so you won't be alone." Nat gently kissed my knuckles and caressed my skin with her warm fingers as she comforted me.

"Can we all get ready together? It'll be so much fun!" Wanda suggested with a large smile.

"Yeah, that's a good idea! I've got no idea what I'm going to wear," Nat answered as her fingers danced across my skin.

We all hurry upstairs, chasing after the Witch while Nat kept hold of my hand.

"Wait, Tony said the party isn't till 6. Why are we getting ready now?" I ask as Wanda rushes around her room in a flurry of madness.

"Oh you've never gotten ready with Wanda before. She takes fucking forever!" Nat chuckled causing me to smile slightly.

"It takes time to get everything sorted. And Y/N is here now so we need more time to get her ready too," Wanda stopped for a second to speak before she was then hurrying around her room once again.

"I'll be back in a minute. I just need to make a quick call," Nat said as she squeezed my hand before letting go.

"K K," Wanda called as she buried her head into her wardrobe trying to find an outfit.

The door shut with a gentle click behind me as I stood gormlessly, fiddling with my fingers to combat the anxiety and overwhelming thoughts which were beginning to poison my mind.

"So, what are you going to wear Y/N?" Wanda called as she emerged from her wardrobe with various dresses strewn in her arms.

"I have no idea!" I chuckled as she threw all the clothes onto her bed before going back for more. She had at least fifteen in various different colours, in different lengths and all designed differently: with frills and bows littering some while others were plain with soft, glossy fabric. "We are going to be here for a while." I muttered to myself as Wanda added to the pile, throwing more and more clothes onto it.

"You better get used to it!" Wanda chuckled.