Chapter 62 and 63 - Promise and Avatar

I followed Nat to her bedroom so she could get ready for the mission. I pushed the door closed and Nat enveloped me in a tight hug. I sunk into her arms and wrapped my own around her waist, inhaling her sweet scent as I relaxed against her.

She pulled away and tilted my chin up gently so I would look at her. 

"I don't want to leave you sweetheart. Promise me that you'll look after yourself while I'm away?" Her green eyes were full of concern as she looked at me affectionately. 

"I will Nat. Please stay safe baby," I whispered as I leant into her touch. Her thumb caressed my bottom lip as we looked at each other.

"I promise I will," She whispered as she moved towards me.

Her soft lips pressed against mine and I moved my hands to her broad shoulders. I kissed her back as our lips moved together rhythmically.

"You're so beautiful detka!" Nat smirked as she pulled away, cupping my cheeks with her soft palms. I blushed brightly and I looked down.

"It's all you!" I mumbled back.

"Want to stay here as I get ready?" Nat suggested as she caressed my cheeks softly. Her warm fingers sending goosebumps across my skin.

"Yeah, of course!"

She lightly kissed my lips and moved away to get dressed. She flurried around her room, grabbing objects, weapons and her clothes.

"Are you sure you're going to be ok? Wanda told me what Steve said earlier and I heard him just now." Nat looked up at me as she pulled her suit up.

"I'll be fine Natty." I looked down, averting her careful gaze as I mumbled.

"Mind zipping me up?" Nat asked, making me look up.

I nodded and hurried over to her. I brushed her beautiful locks away from her back and pulled the zip up. I kissed the back of her neck and moved away, chewing on my nails as I sat on her bed.

"Hey listen to me Y/N." Nat said as she knelt down in front of me. She rested her hands on my thighs and moved my hand out of my mouth. "You need to eat while I'm gone. I'll talk to Steve, I promise. Now you need to promise me you'll eat baby girl!" Nat said softly yet firmly as I looked down at her hands, caressing her knuckles with my fingers as my eyes welled with tears.

"I can't Nat," I muttered as tears slipped down my cheeks.

Nat's arms wrapped around me tightly as she shushed me and played with my hair to calm me down. "Promise me you'll try? For me?"

I nodded weakly as I pulled away from her. Nat styled some hair away from my face and curled it around my ear as I wiped my tears away.

"If you need me, for whatever reason, call me. I'll always be here for you sweetheart, no matter what!" Nat said as she passed me my phone and rested it on my thigh.

She moved and sat next to me. She moved my chin with her finger so I was looking at her. 

She kissed me deeply, pouring in all her emotions and feelings and I did the same, allowing myself to be completely vulnerable with her. I wrapped my arms around her neck, pulling her into me and I entangled my hands in her hair, tugging at it, making her sigh contently. She pulled away and rested her forehead against mine - our noses bumping against each other as we both caught our breath. 

"I've got to go baby!"

"Be careful and good luck Natty. I'll see you when you get back. Can you keep me updated, please?" I practically begged as the thought of her getting hurt ate at me, filling my brain like an acid.