Chapter 47 - 'Parties' At Hydra

Nat POV

I walked back into the room a few minutes later and shut the door behind me.

Y/N was sitting on Wanda's bed staring at the wall, clearly zoned out, as she mindlessly picked at her skin, making them red and sore. Wanda had her head in her wardrobe as she tossed shoes behind her shoulders, in a world of her own as she muttered things to herself.

"Hey Wands, can I borrow Y/N for about an hour? We will be back in plenty of time to get ready with you; I promise." I said as I knelt in front of Y/N and rested my palms on her knees and pulled her hands away from each other so she couldn't hurt herself anymore.

"You better be back in time!" Wanda said as she resurfaced from the depths of her wardrobe. Her hair was a mess, covering her eyes and all tangled, fuzzy with friction, clearly disliking Wanda's antics.

"We will! It's only 10:45. We have loads of time!" I answered as Y/N returned to the real world. She blinked frantically and played with my rings as she tried to catch up with what was happening, clearly too embarrassed to ask. "Y/N, can you come with me?" She looked up at me uncertain before she took my hand and stood up.

Silently, we walked to the garage and jumped into one of Tony's posh cars.

"Where are we going?" Y/N muttered as she looked over at me as I pulled out of the compound.

"You'll see," I grinned and quickly looked over to her. I placed one hand on her thighs and gently caressed her skin as she swirled my rings around my fingers.

Quiet music danced around the car as we sat in silence, Y/N looked outside as we left the city with the forest quickly coming into view.

Y/N POV

Nat took my hand as she took me out of the car and walked me across the dirt path. My head swivelled as I took in all the views.

Wildflowers waved in the wind as leaves crunched beneath our feet as we approached a vast lake. Birds and butterflies flew around the woods. I marvelled at the sight as Nat chuckled at my stunned face. My mouth fell open at the beauty of the forest. Sunlight streamed through the branches, bouncing across the water of the lake as lily pads huddled in various corners of the lake.

"Woah!" I whispered with a grin. "It's beautiful!"

We sat by the water's edge. I leant against Nat as we gazed across the lake, enjoying being the moment as we listened to the peaceful sounds of nature.

"This is my secret place. I come here when I need to think or to get away from everything and everyone for a while." Nat explained as she curled my hair in her fingers. "Can I ask you a question?" She asked after a few moments of silence.

"Yeah, of course." I replied as I looked up at her.

"Can we talk? I know something is bothering you."
My breath hitched slightly. I thought I was hiding it so well.

I exhaled and thought for a few moments as Nat patiently waited, not pressuring me to talk just allowing me to think.

"I'm just worried about you Nat," I looked back up at her and took her hands in my own. "I've put you through a lot of shit lately and you don't deserve that." Tears began to well in my eyes as I admitted (nearly) everything to Nat.

"You don't need to worry about me. I'm ok!  The nightmare was due to The Red Room, not you. Please don't blame yourself for that." Nat peppered kisses along my knuckles before cupping my face and speaking with a soft smile. "It happens sometimes. Not very often but I am ok. I promise you!" Silence befell us for another few moments before Nat spoke again as she caressed her fingers across my cheek. "What else is on your mind?"

Instinctively, I looked down as tears welled back up in my eyes.
I felt so ashamed.

Her finger gently lifted my chin, making me look at her. My eyes searched hers as she spoke gently with a tone as soft as silk. "Hey, it's ok. You can trust me." Her lips pressed against mine as I completely relaxed in her touch. Our lips danced together for a few seconds before she pulled away with flushed cheeks and a large grin.

"When I was at Hydra, they used to hold 'parties' quite often. Me and the other girls had to be there for.... entertainment," I gagged at the word as the memories flooded back. Tears slipped down my cheeks as I looked at Nat; her eyes were welling too. "They could do whatever they wanted to us. We had to just stand there and take it... And I know it won't be like but there's so many people coming and I don't know if I can handle it." I cried as a few tears slipped down Nat's cheeks.

She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into her chest. I sobbed into her shoulder as I buried my head into her shirt.

"I'm so sorry Y/N!" She pulled back and cupped my cheeks. "I promise you, we will take care of you. And if it gets too much, just tell me and we can go upstairs together, ok?"

I nodded and pulled her back into the hug.

"Thank you," I whimpered as I pressed my lips against her shoulders, kissing her as I tried to calm myself back down, focusing completely on her.

"Let's go back before Wanda thinks we ditched her," Nat chuckled after a couple of minutes. She helped me up and led me into the car and opened the door for me like a perfect gentlewoman.