24 : Broken Hearts

" speak up...what explaination are you going to give, girl? Don't you know that groom's name will get written on bride's palms"
Breaking the silence, preetha burst out infront of everyone and the mehandi artist flinched in fear...

" Mom... please don't make an issue..it's ok..."
An exasperated yuvan tried to restrain his mother but she didn't pay heed to his words...

" It's not ok yuv...it's a bad omen..and i don't want any inauspiciousness in my son's wedding..."
Preetha said..kalyani approached her and tried to tranquilize her,which became successful to an extent...

" Aunty"
Preetha's head pivoted to the direction from where the sound was heard...she saw Shakti.. Ajay agitatedly glanced at his daughter and bhushan too ..

"Destiny can't be written by humans...it can only be possible by God.. whatever happened now...it's written by God..now no one could change it...so it's better to let it go aunty.."
She said and preetha glanced at shakti incredibly...just then, to alleviate  the thickness of atmosphere.. naksh and dev came with music system and played some desi songs...soon , shakti's cousins including renu and Jaya , Dev's and naksh's friends , yuvan's friends including Basant joined them...they performed according to the songs with some peppy dance steps...
As naksh was so immersed in music and his dance, he didn't gave much attention to his surroundings and ended up in banging his head with a girl...

"Ouch.."
Both whined together and rubbed their forehead..nakul uplifted his head and his eyes got locked with a familiar orbs... naksh's mind didn't took much to recognise the person infront of him..his soulmate..the one for whom he had taken birth this time...he kept gawking into her eyes.. Renuka snapped her finger in front of his face and a chill transmitted through naksh's spines...he kept glancing at her... renuka helplessly shook her head and moved to another side, murmuring something...

"Karenu.."
A whisper escaped from naksh's mouth as soon as renuka moved away  from his sight...

" Hey..naksh.."
Deva's sudden call brought naksh again back to his senses but yet again his memories went back when he spend time with his second wife karenumati...

Arjun stood there watching everybody enjoying including his friends..but he himself can't...he had tried his level best to look happy but desperately failed..his agitation and distraught was well written on his face...rumples of worry adorned his forehead...the atmosphere made Arjun suffocated and what made him more suffocated was shakti and yuvan sitting quite close to each other on the chaise lounge and often yuvan taking momentary glance of her...

Frustrated, When he was about to exit the hall, a hand ceased him from doing so..he glanced at his hand and swiftly his glance travelled to the owner of the hands...a young girl was grabbing his hand and smiling extra sweetly at him ..Arjun corrugated his brows and glanced interrogatively at her...

" Hi... you are Arjun... shakti didi's friend, aren't you? I'm archana..her cousin..i just wanna ask you that can you dance with me?"
She Asked and Arjun exhaled a sharp breathe...not again...Arjun isn't naive to not understand that she's drooling over his charm and Arjun was well aware of the effect that he can make on girls...he freed himself from her grip and tried to avoide her offer...but the girl doesn't seems like giving up...

" Please...at least as a big brother..can you dance with me...?"
At last the girl asked much to Arjun's solace..after hearing the word brother,Arjun agreed to dance with her though reluctantly...
Shakti saw archana asking Arjun's company to dance and she felt an unknown pang inside her heart...she kept both her eyes on them...

Arjun danced with archana for some peppy steps ...he twirled her and archana giggled merrily which unintentionally poured ghee into shakti's blazing heart...she clenched her fist and tried to avert her eyes but her inquisitive eyes betrayed her as they fastened their gaze only on Arjun and archana...they danced and unexpectedly Archana faltered on her lehenga.. but before she could fell down,Arjun held her arms and balanced her...
Amd that was it... shakti's wrath and distraught reached at its vertex to which the reason is unbeknownst to herself...she abruptly got up from the lounge and went outside the hall...
Arjun noticed her going alone while others were busy in enjoying...
Shakti took turns through the corridor and Arjun  silently followed her...
Shakti herself couldn't comprehend that where her legs were leading her until finally she reached a secluded place near the backyard of the palace...