28 : Sayonara, Love !

Arjun sobbed inside Krishna's arms and krishna caressed his back appeasing him...even Krishna was unaware of the problem but still he comprehended that the matter is grave...

" What happened Arjun...relax...tell me..."
Krishna asked, making Arjun sit on the bed ...Arjun strove to restrain his hiccups and divulged everything that happened between Shakti and him and added what he heard from yuvan...
Krishna took a deep sigh...Things are running out of their hands now...

" Ok...you relax... we'll go...I'll contact with our office and will book our flight tickets for tomorrow..is that ok?"
Krishna asked getting up from his sitting posture and saw Arjun slowly nodding his head in approval...
Krishna called lakshmi and darshan and discussed about the same...they too felt really empathetic and got hurt seeing Arjun's devastated state..thus,they decided that tomorrow itself they'll return to Mumbai and will eventually returning back to America after promotions...
The following day was too hard for both shakti and Arjun... Arjun didn't even step out of his room and shakti, even though was squirming inside,made a fake face infront of everyone...

20th August  2022
The celestial fireball on the sky scintillated over the sky , letting it's golden beams kiss the earth...the whole palace embellished with fresh chromatic flowers and it's fragrance blended in the atmosphere..
The laughter of children,the gossiping and chit chatting of elders , tingling  anklets of maidens made the atmosphere jovial...today ,after years ,the palace is going to witness an auspicious occasion...the wedding of their goddess in the younger generation...
Everyone was happy and contented except two souls... that's the bride and groom itself...the haldi ceremony was planned to be conducted in the morning and wedding by the evening...

Shakti ,with a distressed visage,sat infront of the mirror and glanced at herself...her face was devoid of the wedding glow...all that her eyes carried was agony and bereavement...kalki ego was busy in adorning shakti,glanced her sadly thorough the mirror... Kalki felt agonised and helpless at the same time... she made Shakti get ready in a pale yellow lehenga for her haldi ceremony...soon,shakti was bought to downstairs and the ceremony started...

On the other hand, Arjun and others packed everything for the journey ...Arjun and Krishna came downstairs to inform that to yuvan's family...

"But why ? Why Arjun? It's your brother's wedding and you're leaving already?"
Preetha asked Arjun as soon as he divulged that they are leaving...

" Sorry... aunty.. we've already took leave than required..as you know we are here for the work, we've to finish it as soon as possible... they're calling us back.."
Arjun said...his eyes fell over yuvan and he forced a smile...yuvan too reciprocated a sad smile and sat there, waiting for the haldi from bride's side...

" That's so sad Arjun...you came along this much and leaving abruptly hours before wedding...but I understand..i know you're here for your works so I also can't force you and your friends to stay..ok ..take care and call me once you reach Mumbai..if not me,then you can call dev or naksh.."
Preetha said with a sad face and Arjun nodded...just then , the guffaws of girls echoed in their ears...preetha peeked through Arjun's shoulders and squeaked happily...

" Haldi came from bride's side.."

Arjun felt blood oozing out from his already incisive heart... After hours, the one who was born for him will again become someone else...this time also...he felt like the whole world was swirling around him...again the same anguish..the same excruciating anguish ate his heart from inside...his inner self seethed with jealousy...

kalki sluggishly advanced towards yuvan holding a bowl of turmeric ...she was as enraged as a volcano... distress was well written on her face too...she glared at  both Krishna and Arjun and then was about to take a step, a crazy idea sprouted inside her heart...
She made her walk a bit hurried as soon as she reached near Arjun,she intentionally faltered on her lehenga skirt and at the next moment Arjun saw himself bathed in the haldi bought for yuvan...