14 PT. 3 . MAKE IT OUT ALIVE

naomi

naomi

"Baby, we don't have to lose each other
I'm the only one that knows you
What am I supposed to do
If I can't hit you when I need you?
Just 'cause I can't handle love
Don't mean I wanna leave you"

"Thank you so much Professor Kean. I really appreciate everything you're doing for me."

I was on my way out of a meeting with my academic advisor, trying to figure out how soon I'd be able to come to school. I didn't wanna leave CJ but I was excited to be on campus with all the other students...going to my classes in person and maybe making some friends.

Raven and Skye were having a good ass time together in Miami, and Kenya was doing her thing in LA. They always called and we talked about how school was, and they made it seem so fun. I obviously wouldn't get the whole dorm experience but I had perfect little baby at home so I can live with that.

"Of course Naomi. We're proud to have a student like you at our university. I had my son when I was around your age...I was alone and it was hard but the fact that you want to be here is enough. Just keep up with your coursework, attend the online lectures and keep in contact with all your professors. We don't want you to lose a semester, okay?"

"Yes, thank you again."

"See you next month."

"Okay...bye."

I left her office feeling lighter than when I walked in. I've been so worried over school and now I can just relax and not stress. I was doing the best I could from home, and every assignment I turned in so far was getting A's or better.

I texted Steph to let her know I was on my way back to the car. As I was rushing past the gym to the parking lot. If CJ woke up and I wasn't there he'd probably go crazy, and Steph wouldn't know what to do with a screaming baby, even if she was one.

I noticed a group of guys sitting on a bench near the gym, but I didn't pay them any attention. I heard noises and whispers coming from them but it was so lame and typical that I was able to tune them out. I didn't wanna be nowhere near a guy right now.

"Yo...'scuse me!" I usually ignored men that cat called me, but one of them jogged up next to me boldly. I glanced at him and caught his smile.

He was cute. Really cute. Stop it, Nae.

"I know you probably busy, and I'm sorry to interrupt you but I wanted to introduce myself." He walked backwards while he talked to me. "I'm Kyle."

"Naomi." I answered dryly.

"You go here?"

"I do."

"You must be a freshman, I never seen you before."