48 . RING THE ALARM

NaomiDecember 17th, 2008Harlem, NY

Naomi
December 17th, 2008
Harlem, NY

"You know that dick always been problematic
Somehow, I'm always caught in your dramatics
All in your acrobatics
You know I want the static"

"Jesus..."

I complained as I stepped out my four inch heels and used my foot to move them aside. I don't know who ever told me it was a good idea to wear Louboutin's to a baptism but I'd never make that mistake again, as long as I was standing and carrying CJ's heavy behind around.

Today my baby officially has his blessing. Now, I wasn't raised very religious at all. Daddy always told me he was spiritual, but he respected God more like a father figure. He just raised me to pray, never do people wrong, and be thankful for everything. I can count on less than one hand the amount of times we went to church. But we prayed together daily.

My grandma on the other hand, is a devoted Catholic and when I came to New York for the summers she had me in church every single Sunday. So since CJ was born, she'd been on top of me about getting him baptized. I'd do anything for my grandma so here I am...dressed in all white.

It was a short, private ceremony. We officially made Dutch and Mijo CJ's godfathers, and Steph and Kenya his godmothers. Afterwards, I invited everybody back to my house to celebrate together. And when I say everybody...I mean everybody. Including Chris' girlfriend.

He promised me she wouldn't start nothing, and asked me for a chance to let her redeem herself. I wanted to say hell no, but I let it go. Ky came anyway so it was only fair.

I'm sick of fair.

Standing in the mirror, I twisted my hair up and clipped it with a claw clip, before I slipped out of my dress and changed into a more comfortable matching white pant and top set. I couldn't host people and be all dressed up at the same time. This my house.

"Big mama."

I turned my head and smiled at Skye sneaking into my en suite bathroom. I was happy to see her smiling and laughing again. She'd been through so much she didn't deserve these past few months, I didn't want it to change her.

"Hey girl." I reached for my perfume on my shelf and spritzed myself while she slid on the sink beside me, sitting with her back to the mirror. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I had to step away, the tension kinda thick downstairs."

"Oh, C here?" I smirked, shaking my head. After the ceremony, Chris and Miss Forehead went back to his place to change out their church clothes. They said they'd meet us right back at my place but they took their time. Not that I really cared. But I can only imagine what's going on downstairs right now. "She with him?"

"Yup."

By now, all my girls knew about what happened at CJ's birthday party. At the time, Skye was the bigger focus for everybody, but they ain't forget. I made it clear that we all had to keep the peace and be respectful. I don't need drama, and anything that came my way, I could handle myself.