44 . INSECURE [FLASHBACK]

October 2006(one year since last flashback)

October 2006
(one year since last flashback)

"Love is not looking over shoulders
Love is you should trust what I told you
Lately it's like you been speaking fantasy
And I'm speaking reality
'Cause we got problems we ain't getting over
I think we breaking up
And not just on some boyfriend-girlfriend shit
I think we had enough."

"Yo..."

Chris looked up from his phone as Bow entered the room, the soles of his Nike slippers scratching against the floor. He dropped himself carelessly on the couch beside him, brushing his hair.

"What's good?"

"You back on that phone nigga." Bow chuckled, shaking his head. "Must be talking to your girl, huh?"

"Yeah." Chris answered simply, already knowing where the conversation was going. Not too long after they met, Bow made it clear he thought his long distance relationship with Naomi was a stupid idea.

Hanging out with Bow, Chris got a glimpse of the other side of this life. Different girls everyday, wild parties and public sex. Women of all ages and races were paraded in front of him all the time, and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't even a little tempted. Obviously the distance put a toll on him and Naomi's sex life, but whenever she was around he couldn't say he wasn't completely satisfied. His stamina and appetite picked up quite a bit the older he got, and they had no problem keeping up with each other sexually.

When they were together. But they were never together anymore.

"I don't get you bro. You could have any girl you want...they all over you. But you really still on this relationship shit." He laughed ironically, shaking his head in disbelief and disappointment. Bow could draw a crowd and a load of female attention on his own, but with Chris it was a different level. When they were together it wasn't safe for anybody. He became like a older brother, dragging Chris from New York, Atlanta, LA, Miami, Houston...showing him all there was to take advantage of. "I mean, I respect it. You love your girl and shit but.." he shrugged, signaling he was done with his thought.

"I keep telling you, me and my girl got something real. All this distance and shit don't mean nothing." Chris was saying the words but he didn't know how much he really meant them. The separation was killing him.

"She trust you?"

"Yeah nigga."

"She don't be thinking you fucking all these groupies and models and shit?" He smirked, putting his foot up on the table in front of them.

"Nah." Chris chuckled. "She ain't like that. If I tell her I'm not then she know I'm not."

"You a good nigga bro. Better than me." Bow laughed again, before he leaned in a little with a devious smirk on his face. "Keisha did tell me to tell you she feeling you though. Ever since we shot the video she been asking about you."