66 . CRANES IN THE SKY

Steph May 22nd, 2010Harlem, New York

Steph
May 22nd, 2010
Harlem, New York

"I was the one
I who could pull in all the stars above
Lay them on your feet and I gave you my love
You are the one that got me started
You could have let me love anyone
But I only wanted you
So why did you make me cry?
Why didn't you come get me one last time?
You'll always know the reason why
We could've had the moon and the sky
You'll always know the reason why this love
Ain't gonna let you go
You'll always know the reason why
The song you heard
Will stay on your mind
It ain't gonna let you go, no
'Cause you were the moon
And I the endless sky"

Nae is working my first and last nerve.

Chris took CJ on the road with him for the second half of his tour, and I swear the minute that little boy left the house it was like she died or something. In my mind, a kid free summer meant we was about to be getting mad lit and running the streets— rooftops, hood basketball games, clubs, the most popping restaurants. I was ready to have my way!

She's barely been out her bed in the past three days except for work. Her ass was laying around sulking, listening to Keyshia Cole and Tamia like she was in a sad music video. I couldn't take this cry baby, pity party shit no more. This was not what I expected and I damn sure ain't sign up for this shit. I knew she was attached to her kid but damn.

"Nae get your ass up."

I flicked on her bedroom light, walking over to the speaker and rapidly pressing the button to turn the volume on the music down. She groaned loudly, pulling her mint green comforter over her head and burying herself in the pillows.

"Leave me alone."

"No bitch, you're starting to piss me off. You acting like you dying or something." I crawled onto the bed with her, yanking at the comforter, but she held onto it tight and it quickly turned into a game of tug of war. She must not know who she playing with. "Let go!"

She put up a good fight but I successfully pulled it off, exposing her sunk into the bed with messy hair, a big black t-shirt and a permanent frown.

"Why did he have to take my baby too Steph?" She immediately started to whine, making me roll my eyes and climb off the bed.

"Because he's his damn father and your ass needed a break anyway." She wasn't seeing the good side of this yet. I was gonna fix that, I got something for that ass. "You coming out with me tonight."

"No."

"I wasn't asking you. Come on, I got a friend for you."

"Hell no." Her face turned sour at me mentioning a man.