33 . DON'T FORGET ABOUT US

naomi June 10th, 2008

naomi
June 10th, 2008

"I got a thousand-mile-deep hole in my chest
My lungs can't take these weeks of holdin' my breath
Waitin' for you to come back around
And love me again
I'm in a haze, a walkin' cloud of distress
And I ain't safe from my own brain
I'm a mess
Waitin' for you to come back around
And love me again"

"Open wide, pretty."

I couldn't hold in the girlish giggle that left my mouth, as I leaned forward and accepted the forkful of food that was being fed to me. As soon as the flavors hit my tongue, I shut my eyes and did a little happy dance in my seat. All night I was being catered to non-stop; a silky warm bath, a foot rub, and finally a good ass home cooked meal.

I'm going on one little vacation and this boy is acting like he'll never see me again.

"It's good?" He chuckled, because he already knew the answer.

"Babe...if you serious about not going to the NBA, you could definitely get a job in somebody's kitchen because...damn."

Since Kyle and I became official three months ago, I've only stayed by his place once or twice. I came over a bunch of times but I barely got to spend the night— since I had CJ at home. But tomorrow I'm leaving for my first girls trip to Hawaii on a early flight, and Chris did me the favor of picking up CJ this afternoon so I could focus on getting ready.

So when Ky suggested me spending the night with him so he could drop me at the airport, I jumped on it. Since the school year ended, our schedules opened up a lot, and we had way more time to spend together. Let me tell you...I've been literally loving every minute of it.

So much has changed over the last three months. Not just with me and Ky...with me and Chris too.

Accepting my relationship wasn't easy for him, it honestly wasn't easy for me at first either, but after a few weeks we were finally able to be somewhat normal with each other. We really didn't talk about it again, and I kinda got the the idea that he didn't want to, so I guess we both just swallowed our feelings and kept on with life.

At first he was still being kinda cold to me, but after I threw him a tiny surprise party at my place for his birthday, we started to make up. Mother's Day was the actual turning point though— he had a big brunch for all of us at his new fancy ass mansion in Jersey. It was so sweet, he invited everybody; Auntie Cam, grandma, Mama J, Aunt Christine, Dutch and even Steph's crazy, childless ass. He had the whole thing catered, had the house decorated with all kinds of flowers and showered me with gifts. He was being so cute and appreciative the whole day, it brought tears to my eyes.

Since then...we've been good. I've been good.

I finished my first year of college, got accepted to my beauty school program, and I've started working at the salon more and more with grandmas trust.