Aftermath of the War

Good men are forged in fire. Not that I ever was a good man. What did I do? I helped my friend-no, my fellow soldier- trigger the Moment, and watched the Destruction of my own race. I don't even know if He survived, but I know this. I fought this war for 200 years, it ending on my own birthday. That marks me as 342 years old.

I don't know how long I sat there, unable to sleep. I think it took me three weeks to get over the end of the Last Great Time War. It took, another four weeks to push through the nightmares whenever I slept. And another few hours after that, merely to repair and repaint the exterior of my TARDIS. But know this: Supposedly, Time will eventually heals all wounds, they said.

No amount of Time will heal my wounds. Non.

The Saviour pushed the ruins of the Dalek deep inside the TARDIS. He never stopped to close the doors, nor did he ever stop to rest. He kept moving the corpse, until he found the room he was looking for: The Laboratory. Then, after finally reaching his destination, the Saviour leaned against the wall, and slid to the floor.

"You would make an excellent Dalek."

Those words. They kept ringing in his mind, replaying like a record, forever on repeat. The Saviour curled into a ball, his head in his arms, and all the grief from the War came back to him. He was so consumed in it, he failed to notice the sound of a pony slowly walking towards him.

"Saviour, are you alright?" Came a soft voice, whom the Saviour immediately recognised. "I'm fine, Fluttershy. Just, thinking about things." The Saviour replied, slowly raising his head to face the yellow pegasus in front of him. He didn't meet Fluttershy's gaze, and he turned his head away to hide his teary eyes.

"You can talk to us, we're your friends, Saviour." Fluttershy reassured, but the Saviour didn't listen, and he slowly stood up. "I thought I beat the Time War, the Daleks. Everyone thinks they win, but nobody ever wins for long." The Saviour said, and proceeded to rub his eyes. "You all will never understand. Wars in Equestria don't really exist, and when they do happen..." the Saviour started, walking over towards the destroyed Dalek casing.

"It's never a true war. I fought in bigger wars then anypony could ever imagine. I've done things that nobody would believe. And when I close my eyes!" The Saviour cried out, his voice getting more louder. Upon hearing the Saviour's loud voice, Fluttershy retreated a few steps. This was an entire side of the Saviour that she had never seen before, normally he was very cheery and full of laughter.

The Saviour then proceeded to lean against a workbench in the Lab. "When I close my eyes, oh,  I hear more screams than anypony should ever hear, or ever count." The Saviour finished, before knocking everything off the bench, sending multiple vials and flasks to the floor. "It's not fair! Why can't I just win and keep it that way!?" The Saviour yelled, before breaking down, his eyes filled with tears.

"What I did, I did without honour. I turned my back on my species, watched them all burn." The Saviour told Fluttershy, his eyes filled with sorrow and regret. In a moment of pure weakness, the Saviour had opened part of his true self: A man who regrets his actions, but can never forget. In that moment, Fluttershy knew why the Saviour acted like he did during her trip into his dreams.

"You. You are the Saviour. Our friend." Fluttershy told him, and went to hug him. The Saviour didn't move away, and he hugged Fluttershy back. "Thank you. Thank you." The Saviour said, before breaking the hug and standing up. Curiosity often drew his attention away, and now, he was focusing on the Dalek. Or rather, how it ended up in Equestria.

"How did you get here?" The Saviour muttered, (funny) and proceeded to use his Sonic Screwdriver to scan the Dalek. It suddenly cut out, and the Saviour then walked to a cabinet in the wall. Reaching into the drawer, he pulled out a large rectangle piece of glass. The Saviour held it towards the Dalek, and suddenly, the glass lit up green.

"Scanner. I'm scanning the Dalek for traces of any stray Void Particles." The Saviour stated, and his face went from curiosity to to pure horror. Putting down the scanner, the Saviour walked up to the casing, and wiped some invisible speck of dirt off it. Fluttershy looked at the scanner, and saw two words: The Renegade.

Something is awakening, and hopefully, the Saviour can stop it.

(Start of The Awakening Arc.)

Hello readers! Sorry for the shortish chapter. This is the first full Arc for Season One, and it will end in the next regeneration, which will mark the end of Season One of The Saviour. Now, I'm sure you all have some questions, presumably why I took inspiration from the 12th Doctor's speech in 'The Zygon Inversion'.

I took the main part of the speech, since it feels like something a guilt-filled man would say. Especially the Saviour. Not only did he say that, he has also lied about something BIG. Can't wait to see if anyone can guess what he lied about.

Until next chapter, Allonz-y!