Chapter 18: Rise for the Championship

It has been one week since Io and Ilyas had confessed their genuine feelings for each other and were now officially a couple.

The Joshi Judas was getting her make up done for tonight's show while a cute smile planted her face. Her two young mentees Cora Jade and Roxanne Perez took notice and were curious.

Roxanne: Io-sensei, what's with the smile?

Cora: that's the biggest smile you ever got

Io: oh girls, I want to tell you about something

Cora: does it happen to involve a certain Filipino Descendant?

Cora smirked as she teased the Genius of the Sky while Io giggled and blushed as she nodded.

Io: hai. Cora-san, Roxy-san... Ilyas-kun is my boyfriend!

Cora and Roxanne squealed as they were happy for the female Superstar who showed them the ropes of NXT.

Cora: aww Io, we're so happy for you

Io: arigato, we'll see each other later, but tonight we have some Toxic business to take care of

Cora and Roxanne nodded as they strategize on who will target Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne for the NXT Women's Tag Team titles and Mandy Rose for the NXT Women's title.

Meanwhile, the A-Champion Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams had called out Ilyas and challenged him in a tag team match tonight as the North American Champion was still a little upset that Ilyas pinned him from their last encounter. The Descendant has not called upon Gunther, Kaiser or Vinci since he handled his business on his own, but he had a huge target on his back as not only Hayes and Williams have their eyes on him, but also the Arrogant Aussie Grayson Waller as he talk trash of the Descendant on Twitter along with Von Wagner.

NXT was live from the Capitol Wrestling Center and the said tag team match was the first bout of the evening. The NXT North American Champion and his cohort were in the ring waiting for Ilyas.

The Descendant made his entrance while he stared down at the two arrogant young stars. Ilyas got in the ring all on his own while Trick taunted on where his tag team partner is.

Trick: where your partner at, dawg? Huh, where is he?

However, their arrogant grins instantly faded a familiar theme.

The crowd popped and stood up as Ilyas' surprise partner was none other than his mentor, the Ring General himself. Ilyas was surprised and thought that Imperium had moved on to the main roster.

Ilyas and Gunther stared at each other and nodded as they unleash an attack on Hayes and Williams. The bell rang as the Ring General threw Williams out of the ring as the legal men are Ilyas and Hayes. The Descendant unleashed punches on the A-Champion while on the outside, Gunther threw Trick over the barricade to isolate him for a while.

(Meanwhile, in the back)

Io was in her locker room putting on her attire top while she is watching the match and was also surprised that Gunther has returned as her boyfriend's tag team partner.

Io: come on Ilyas-kun, come on babe

(Back in the ring)

Ilyas and Gunther worked together to keep the champion away from Williams.

However, the tables turned in Hayes and Williams' favor as Trick tripped up Rizal by grabbing his foot. Hayes took advantage of the distraction as he went to the top turnbuckle to hit a diving leg drop he calls Nothing But Net. However, Ilyas countered with a midair vicious chop, making Hayes writhe in pain.