Chapter 28: Japan Trip Part 2 - Godzilla

(Tokyo, Japan)

After a long well deserved rest, Io and Ilyas woke up on their first day of Japan, after enduring the ever dreaded jetlag. Io was in the bathroom washing up while Ilyas drank some coffee while admiring the skyline from the hotel window.

He remembered that Io will bring him somewhere that he would like. Ilyas is an avid fan of anything that is anime such as Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Naruto, Spy x Family, etc. and especially, Japan's iconic giant radioactive lizard Godzilla.

(A few minutes later)

After the two washed up and got dressed, they left their hotel and walked around the crowded streets of Tokyo. However, the place where Io will bring Ilyas, they will have to ride a cab.

Io: Ilyas-kun, let's go ride in a cab, the ride to the city where I will take you will be short

Ilyas: hai okay, you will be my tour guide

Io smiled and the two went around and found a cab. Seeing that the cab's destination is exactly the city where it will travel, Io smiled and the two got in the cab.

Ilyas: Io-san, where is it you're taking me?

Io: I won't tell you the surprise babe

Ilyas: alright

Io: but tell me, do you like anything from Japan's pop culture?

Ilyas: oh hai, I like a lot. Anime mostly, but I am an avid fan of Godzilla

Io: oh Gojira?

Ilyas: hai, giant kaiju movie

Io: ohh okay, interesting

Io smiled as she know more of her love's personal hobbies, especially on one of Japan's iconic pop culture franchises.

(16 minutes later)

The cab stopped in one of Tokyo's wards known as Shinjuku. The two got out and took in the colorful city of Shinjuku.

Ilyas: so what was the surprise, Io-san?

Io smiled.

Io: look up there, babe

Ilyas looked up and gasped as he saw a giant Godzilla statue peeking out from a top of a building. Seeing his favorite kaiju brought the fanboy out of the Descendant.

Ilyas: G-Gojira!

Io: surprise!

Ilyas: oh my goodness, that is awesome!

The Descendant got his phone out and took a picture of the giant kaiju statue.

Io: wanna go up there for a closer look?

Ilyas: oh! We can go up there?!

Io: hai, it's located within a hotel called the Gracery, but we have to be either a guest for the hotel or a customer for their café

Ilyas: okay, perfect timing. I am already hungry

Io: hai, let's go

The couple went in the hotel and rode the elevator to the 8th floor lobby. As the elevator doors opened, they were greeted by a diorama of Godzilla stomping through the city.

 As the elevator doors opened, they were greeted by a diorama of Godzilla stomping through the city