Chapter 20: A Gambling Obstacle

(NXT)

Ilyas has his sights set on Carmelo Hayes' NXT North American Championship, but there was one person that demanded his attention and looks to derail his chances for NXT gold, that man was the poker gambler from Australia, Duke Hudson. 

Hudson had called out Ilyas on Twitter saying that the Descendant can't last a full session in his poker room and he's challenging Rizal to a match for tonight's show. Ilyas will respond as he is scheduled for an interview.

NXT interviewer McKenzie Mitchell was backstage and ready.

McKenzie: ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time, the Pinoy Descendant, Ilyas Rizal

Ilyas walked in with a humble smile on his face as the crowd cheered.

McKenzie: Ilyas, you must be aware that Duke Hudson has challenged you to a match tonight, how do you respond?

Ilyas: well McKenzie, I saw what Duke had to say about me, I couldn't last a session in his poker room, which is fine. Because I don't gamble, it's fully against my moral principles. Gambling will mess you up big time physically, mentally, socially and financially. Duke made this challenge just to make a name for himself, well tonight, I'll give him what we wants... I accept! In this case, place your bets Duke because after our match, you'll be bankrupt

Then coming in frame with a mocking applause was the arrogant loudmouth himself, Grayson Waller.

Grayson: you said you don't gamble, do ya? That's great, you got principles! Well then, I just want to let you know that your only gamble is if you ever win a title around here

Ilyas: well after I deal with Duke, I can deal with you next

Grayson: whoa whoa whoa! I didn't come here for a fight, but only a spoiler, you'll be looking at the new NXT North American Champion

Ilyas: yeah, we'll see about that

Waller smirked and took his leave while Ilyas stared him down as the segment ended.

The show went on which featured a video package promo featuring Io, Cora and Roxanne, in which the three top female Superstars have their one sole mission, overthrowing all the members of Toxic Attraction from their championship pedestals.

(In the ring)

(Ilyas Rizal vs. Duke Hudson)

It was time for the one on one match as Ilyas accepted the challenge made by the egotistical poker player, Duke Hudson. Hudson was in the ring with a stack of cash his hand as he looks to make an offer for Ilyas.

The Pinoy Descendant made his entrance while he took in the warm ovation from the crowd; he playfully acknowledge the section of the crowd who were all wearing Chase U shirts and did the gesture while giving them a thumbs up. He got in the ring and prepared for a fight against Hudson.

Then as the bell rang, Hudson went into flight mode and offered Ilyas.

Duke: here's $5,000 in cash! Fresh crisp bills! It's all yours if you call the match off

Ilyas was confused from the cowardly offer. He took the money and checked that the money is real. He then set the money aside and landed a right punch on Hudson as the match went underway.

Ilyas backed Duke into the corner which made the referee separate them and gave the five count warning, making Ilyas back up, giving Hudson the opportunity to slap Rizal in the face, a mistake on his part as Ilyas lunged while Hudson escaped outside.

However, Ilyas caught Hudson and then slammed him on the announce table with a back suplex before throwing him back in the ring.

Duke got back up and proceeded to land right hand shots in an attempt to faze the Imperium soldier, but Ilyas fired back with a hard knife edge chop as the sound of impact echoed in the CWC. Rizal landed another hard chop which made Duke stumble to the corner where Ilyas landed more chops followed by a big boot to the side of the head.

(End of match)

As Hudson's chest was in the state of raw hamburger meat, Ilyas finished off Hudson by the Powerbomb Symphony and for the easy pinfall victory.

However, the celebration was cut short as Grayson Waller ambushed Rizal by a cheap shot. However, Ilyas fought back and brawled with Waller until Von Wagner came down the ramp and joined in on the brawl as all three men have their sights on Carmelo Hayes' NXT North American title.

As the three men brawled in the ring, Hayes and Trick Williams watched from the stage area. Waller was taken out from a boot from Wagner, but the big man was fazed from a hard and loud knife edge chop followed by a superkick. Ilyas stared down and pointed at Hayes and sends a message to the champion by lifting and slamming Wagner down with a monstrous powerbomb. Ilyas and Hayes stared each other down as the show went to commercial.

(Backstage)

Ilyas was resting as he removed his wrist tape. He is on his own as Imperium are now permanently on the SmackDown roster as his mentor, the Ring General is currently one of the most dominant Intercontinental Champions.

As he rested and drank some water, he felt a pair of arms wrapped around him followed by a kiss on the top of his head, making him smile.

Ilyas: Io-san

Io giggled as she playfully jumped and sat on her boyfriend's lap.

Io: that was a dominant performance you did, babe

Ilyas smirked as he embraced the Joshi Judas and rubbed her back.

Ilyas: a way to make a statement against Waller and Hayes

Io smiled and kissed his cheek and snuggled into his shoulder.

Ilyas: it will be a day when we both hold NXT gold

Io smiled as she visualized her and Ilyas holding NXT titles. Ilyas smiled as he saw his babe daydreaming of the future while he gently rubbed on her thicc thighs.

Io: I can see photoshoots

Ilyas: you'll also see your boyfriend with his first title

Io: hai! I want to see it so badly!

She smiled while all giddy in excitement.

Ilyas smiled as he gently moved Io to the couch, so he can get up and take a warm shower to freshen up.

As Ilyas showered, Io saw that Ilyas was booked for another one on one match as the Descendant takes on the tall Von Wagner. Also is a women's one on one match as Roxanne Perez takes on one half of the NXT Women's Tag Team Champions Gigi Dolin with Mandy and Jacy in the corner of Dolin while Io and Cora will be in Roxanne's corner.

(Fast forward)

Ilyas was all dressed up and feeling fresh and saw Io on her phone.

Ilyas: let's go babe?

Io: hai, carry my bag for me, onegai?

She said with cute puppy eyes, which made the Descendant melt and immediately give in.

Ilyas: hai okay, I got it

Io: arigato!

She said with a cute smile on her face and gave Ilyas a loving kiss on his lips and cheek as the two left the CWC and headed for home.

(Time skip)

The couple walked hand in hand until they reached their doors. Ilyas and Io smiled at each other as the two kissed each other with love on the lips before they got inside their respective rooms and rested for the night.