Chapter 31: Whoop That Trick

Trick Williams wanted to fight his way to a championship opportunity after refusing to take the shortcut silver platter treatment. In order to get one step closer to a shot against Ilyas and his North American Championship, he must win the fatal 4 way match, and to do that, he must fight through three others who are also hungry for an opportunity as well: former champion Wes Lee, Meta Four's Oro Mensah and the big man Dijak.

As for Ilyas, not only he has the fatal 4 way match to watch for, but also the Breakout Tournament that is starting in two weeks, and he had his eyes on one of the competitors that may be serious competition for him, a member of WWE's NIL program, Oba Femi. The NIL or Next In Line program trains college athletes to be potential WWE wrestlers.

As for the women's championship, Gigi looks to get the Io's attention as she is set to have a warm up match.

Ilyas went to catering and found his love eating a meal; Io smiled as she saw her boyfriend and called him over to sit with her.

Io: hey babe-kun

Ilyas: hey there, cutie-san

The Descendant smiled and kissed her head.

Ilyas: Gigi looks to send you a message through her match

Io: I don't care. I will beat her

Ilyas couldn't help but chuckle at his girlfriend's cold yet hilarious side of her personality.

Ilyas: it's not only her you have to contend to, you will have a future challenger from the Breakout Tournament

Io: I will beat the winner too. This title is not going anywhere

Ilyas: I won't mess with the champion and my title won't be going anywhere too

(Time skip)

With her Toxic Attraction teammate Jacy Jayne cheering her on and hyping her up at ringside, Gigi made quick work of her opponent to make a statement of her opponent, the current NXT Women's Champion Io Shirai.

As Gigi raised her arms in victory, she verbally taunted the champion through the camera while she did the belt motion.

(Moments later)

As Ilyas walked through the halls to his locker room, he ran into the NXT Champion, the same man he defeated for the North American Championship, Carmelo Hayes.

The two champions stared down for a few moments in silence before they nodded each other in respect and acknowledgement.

Melo: from one champion to another, you earned that, you took me to the absolute limits

Ilyas: hey, I appreciate that Melo, you worked hard to earn and win that title

Melo: I am him. My boy Trick will be winning that fatal 4 way match and will win that North American title and Whoop that Trick

Ilyas: we'll see about that, man

The two men's respectable rivalry still burn, but at the end of the day, they are great friends.

NXT management confirmed a tag team match for next week, as for the first time ever, the NXT Champion and the North American Champion will battle the Meta-Four's Oro Mensah and the NXT Heritage Cup Champion Noam Dar.

(Time skip)

Ilyas was in his locker room as he was watching the fatal 4 way match to determine his next challenger for his North American title.

A few minutes later, Io went inside his locker room, sat on his lap, and snuck in some soft kisses on his cheeks and neck.

Ilyas moaned and smirked, but managed to muffle the sound by biting the tip of his tongue as Io smirked.

Io: good thing I locked the door

Ilyas: hai, so we don't have any unexpected company

Io giggled as she snuggled into his shoulder as the two watched the match.

(In the ring)

Trick was down in the timekeeper's area for the mean time while Mensah suplexed Wes Lee on the announce table, but then the big Dijak surprised the Meta-Four member with a running diving moonsault. Dijak scouted Wes and caught him with both hands and threw him to the barricade.

What looks like Dijak dominating the whole match, Trick recovered from the timekeeper's area, hopped on the barricade and took down Dijak with a flying forearm.

Trick then turned to Mensah and landed some punches as he laid him on the table. Scanning the environment, Trick climbed to the barricade, but then Wes bounced back, jump on the barricade, and took out both Trick and Mensah with a Spanish Fly through the table while the crowd cheered loud.

(Fast forward to the end of the match)

Mensah was taken out after Wes flattened him with a Phoenix Splash. But Lee went for the pin, Dijak grabbed him by the throat and took Wes out of the match with a sitout chokeslam, but waiting in the corner was Trick Williams, and as Dijak turned around, Trick launched and nails the Trickshot knee strike for the pinfall victory, giving him the right to face Ilyas for the North American Championship at the next premium live event.

While the crowd chanted, "Whoop That Trick," the highlights of the match were replayed. While Trick celebrated, the current North American Champion Ilyas came out to confront his next challenger.

Ilyas got in the ring and nodded as he was mouthing to Trick, that he watched everything in the back. The Descendant raised his title as he and Trick shook hands in respect and sportsmanship. Trick nodded as he mouthed to Ilyas that he is coming for the title.

For next week, Ilyas is having double duty, for not only he has his tag team match with Melo, but there is also the contract signing between himself and Trick to make their match official.