01

Vida wasn't convinced enough by Greggy to stay at his place for the weekends. The young lady stayed with her Mom for the weekends. Now, instead of getting bored at his place, Greggy went out on a date with his new girlfriend, Anne.

"You must've upset her so much hmm?" sabi ng nobya habang kumakain sila.

"Yeah, nagtatampo kasi hindi ko sinabi sa kanya. She just saw your post instead of hearing it from me,"

Bumilog ang mata ni Anne, "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry... I didn't know that she would see it and akala ko sinabi mo na sa kanya..."

"It's fine, honey, she'll understand..."

"Still sorry... How about her mom? Does she know about us?" Greggy nodded. "And what did she say?"

Napatigil si Greggy sa pagkain nang mapagtantong hindi niya rin nasabi kay Irene ang plano niya. He forgot Irene...

"W-Wala naman... Irene's always cool about everything, she just always remind me that Vida should come first to the both of us."

They spent the remaining hours of the day together. Meanwhile, Vida and Irene spent the day at their house. They did all the activities, a mother and daughter could do. Now, they're just chilling while watching movies.

Nakahilig ang ulo ni Vida sa dibdib nang Mommy niya habang ang mga braso ni Irene ay nakapulupot sa anak.

"Mom... if you could turn back time, would you still want to be with Dad?" Vida asked out of nowhere. Bahagyang nagulat si Irene.

"Why are you asking, sweetie? Like that's so out of nowhere," may halong kaba sa boses ni Irene.

"It just came on my mind. But would you, Mommy?" tanong ulit ni Vida.

Irene sighed and answered, "Well, yeah... Cause that love brought you in this world, babe, you're the best part in everything I did with your Dad."

"No more because of me answers, Mom. Example there was no Vida. Like just between you and Dad, would you go back in time and still choose that kind of love?" tanong ulit ng anak.

Irene sighed, not knowing how to answer it. She don't want to give hopes to her daughter, lalo na't umaasa pa rin ito na magkakabalikan sila ni Greggy.

She and Greggy are at a stage in their life that what they do doesn't matter neither to each one of them. All they care is Vida, they stay connected because of Vida. It's always Vida over everything.

"Maybe I would, babe. I do not regret any of it, cause your Dad treated me more than what I could deserve. He made me feel so loved and safe. He never made me question myself of his love, he assured me in all ways he could. He never failed those," She kissed her daughter's temple and caressed Vida's arm.

Vida inherited a lot of her physical appearance but there's something on Vida's face that she surely didn't get from her. Vida's nose looks exacly like Greggy, also her lips but a little thicker.

Their genes matched well on their beautiful Vida.

"But that love wasn't enough, right Mom? Cause if that was enough, buo sana tayo ngayon and maybe... probably I have siblings too." bahid sa boses ni Vida ang pagkalungkot. Gusto man niyang hindi isipin ang kanilang sitwasyon, hindi niya ito mapigilan.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry Mommy couldn't provide you that... I feel so terrible, thinking that I wasn't able to give you the family that I had." hinaplos-haplos ni Irene ang ulo ng anak.

Vida snuggled closer. "I'm not saying that it's fine for me, but you both did well, Mom... I love you both more than anything,"

"Aw... My baby girl, I love you most... I would risk my life for you... And thank you for appreciating it, it may be hard but thank you for the cooperation, my girl." She puckered her lips and kissed her daughter for a peck. "And bakit hindi mo masabi 'yan kay Daddy hmm? Nahihiya ka?"