EPILOGUE

Irene suddenly receives a phone call from her daughter's number while on the way to their house from having a date with Kyd. Kaagad niyang sinagot ito, it shocked her because it wasn't Vida's voice.

"Who's this? Why is my daughter's phone with you?" agad niyang tanong.

["This is from Makati Med po. You are the last person that she texted, kaya ikaw po ang aming natawagan-"]

Irene panickly shifted on her seat. Vida in the hospital? Why?! Bigla siyang kinabahan at nanginig ang buong sistema niya.

"Papunta na kami diyan."

She immediately ended the call, not letting the person who called to explain what happened to her daughter. All she wants to see is Vida's condition.

"We have to go to Makati Med, Kyd. Nandun si Vida," nanginginig na sabi ni Irene. She's almost chasing her breath.

Seeing Irene panicking, hindi na nagtanong si Kyd kung bakit. He just assumed that they needed to be there as quickly as possible. Binilisan niya ang pagmamaneho para makarating sila ng mas mabilis.

She immediately called Greggy.

["Hello? Irene?"]

"G-Greg, may tumawag galing Makati Med. Nandoon daw si Vida." nanginginig niyang sabi.

["What?! Papunta na ako!"] halata sa boses nito ang pangamba sa kabilang linya.

"Papunta na rin kami ni Kyd. Be quick!" agad niyang ibinaba ang tawag.

Hindi na nag-antay si Irene na ma-park ng maayos ang sasakyan, she made Kyd stop and went out of the car to quickly run to where Vida is. Tila buong katawan niya ay nanginginig, her mind isn't at peace.

"Call my family, Kyd. Inform them about this." sabi ni Irene kay Kyd bago pumasok sa loob.

"I'm the mother of Vida Araneta, where is she?!" puno ng pag-aalalang tanong ni Irene.

"She's still in the emergency room, Ma'am. The police found her in a crashed car near the cemetery po. They brought her here but..." huminga ng malalim ang nurse.

"But what?!" hindi mapigilan ni Irene na tumaas ang boses.

"She was dead on arrival..."

Her whole world crumbled. Nanginginig ang buong kalamnan niya nang marinig iyon. She doesn't want to believe it. She started crying.

"No... N-No! Hindi pwede! Nasaan ang doktor?! Nasaan?! Nasaan ang anak ko?!"

"They're still in the emergency room, Ma'am, trying to revive her cause some miracle happened earlier, they found some pulse earlier."

The nurse immediately guided her to where Vida was. Sinabihan siya ng nurse na ang doktor na lang daw ang magpapaliwanag kung anong nangyari. They waited for the doctor for a couple of minutes at habang nag-aantay, nakita niya si Kyd at Greggy na sabay pumasok.

"Anong nangyari? May sinabi na ba ang doctor? Where's Vida?!" sunod-sunod na tanong ni Greggy habang si Irene ay umiiyak sa gilid.

Greggy knelt down in front of her, holding her hand and trying to look into her eyes.

"You have to tell me, Irene... Anong nangyari kay Vida?" nagsimula nang lumuha si Greggy.

He knows that Irene wouldn't be crying hysterically right now if something bad didn't happen to their daughter.

"T-They're trying... to revive her, Greg... Dead on arrival daw si V-Vida but miracle happened, they found a pulse earlier..." Irene hugged him immediately.