40

Last chapter.
———
Vida's flight details were all complete, she'll be leaving tomorrow early in the morning for Madrid. She plans on going to a check up in the Philippines, go to her grandparents' house to see Vico and visit Vidal before she goes. Before leaving the house to go on with her plan, she wrote letters for Irene, Greggy and Vico.

She was always the type of person who randomly write letters for her loved ones. Vida is full of wisdom and she's very brilliant. Marami siyang nasusulat dahil marami siyang iniisip.

It's three in the afternoon, alas kwatro ang schedule ng check up niya. Vico is with their grandparents, her Dad attended a meeting, her Mom went on a date with Kyd. Yet, she's here, alone, writing letters before she goes.

Nagbihis na siya pagkatapos ilagay sa kanya-kanyang kwarto ng Mommy niya at kapatid ang mga mensahe na hindi siya nasisigurado na makitang mababasa nila ito.

Vico might not understand it yet, but she left a note there saying that when he finds it, he should tell Mom to keep it so he'll be old enough when he reads it and he'll be able to understand.

She dropped by at his father's house and left the letter in his room.

She went to the hospital for her check up. She was disheartened hearing what the doctor says. She needed help, but she's afraid that she'll end up as a burden. Vida kept it a secret, trusting the doctor's confidentiality.

"They should never know about this..." bulong niya sa sarili habang nasa loob ng sasakyan.

Mag-isa siyang humihikbi. Walang mapaglalagyan ang sarili sa takot. She didn't expect this to be too soon, and it's already getting worse.

She pulled herself up and wiped her tears as she drove to her Mama and Papa's house. Matagal pa bago siya bumaba sa sasakyan ng makarating sa bahay ng Lolo't Lola, naluha na siya habang nakamasid kay Vico na nakikipaglaro ng habulan sa Lolo't Lola nila.

"I don't want to leave, Vico... I'm so sorry, baby..." humihikbi niyang bulong sa loob ng sasakyan. Kaagad niyang pinunasan ang luha nang makitang nakaturo si Vico sa sasakyan niya, buti na lang at tinted ito.

She practiced her smile as she went out of her car. Kinawayan niya ang kapatid at nakita niya ang napakatamis nitong ngiti. Tumakbo agad ito patungo sa direksyon niya.

"Ate!" sigaw ni Vico habang tumatakbo papunta sa Ate.

Kaagad niyakap ni Vico ang beywang ni Vida. She honestly haven't seen anyone as happy as her brother whenever he sees her. She's like the apple of Vico's eyes. He can't seem to suppress his happiness whenever they're together.

Lumapit naman si Ferdinand at Imelda para batiin ang apo. Vida kissed both of them.

"Buti at dumaan ka, saan ka galing?" tanong ni Imelda.

"I went to check up before I leave for Madrid, Mama."

Kitang-kita ang pagkadismaya sa mukha ni Ferdinand nang marinig ang sinabi ng apo. Kaagad niyang pinaalam sa iba niyang kapamilya ang desisyon niyang tumigil sa pag-aaral at umalis nang malaman ni Irene at Greggy.

Ferdinand disagreed at first and it took sometime before Vida fully convinced him. Nabalitaan pa niya galing sa kanyang Mama Meldy na umiyak ang Papa Ferdie niya nang sinabihan niyang aalis siya.

"How was the check up, darling?" tanong ulit ni Imelda.

She was taken aback. Ilang beses siyang napalunok bago sinagot ang Lola niya.

She sighed, "It was... fine, Mama. I'm healthy raw po," she's such a bad liar.

"That's great!"

"Are you really sure about this, Vida? Kaya mo bang mag-isa dun?" sabi ni Ferdinand.