33

"Don't cry, Mommy... It's okay," I felt my dear Vico's arms wrapped around my shoulders. 

Mukhang nagising siya dahil sa mga hikbi ko. Hindi umuwi ngayon si Kyd, nagpunta siya sa Sydney para sa isang business conference. Bumalik na kami dito sa Australia pagkatapos ng recovery ni Vico. Maglilimang-taon na simula noong nangyari ang nangyari, at hindi ko pa rin nauwian ang panganay ko.

May banta pa rin sa buhay at kaligtasan ko, at nadadamay na ngayon si Kyd at Vico. Vito just won't stop, ilang beses na namin siyang hinarap ni Kyd ngunit parang hindi pa rin ito natitinag. He even shot Kyd's left arm, three months ago. That angered me so much.

"Ate Vida loves you, Mommy. Don't cry na..." he comforted me. I slowly nodded. "I miss Ate Vida too..."

I wiped my tears and lifted him up to make him sit on my lap, niyakap ko siya ng mahigpit. Oh my Vidal Constantine.

He caressed my face and looked at me straight in the eye. He is so mature for his age. Ayaw niyang nakikitang nalulungkot ako, at alam na alam niya kung paano ako amuin. He also knows when to bother me or not, alam na alam niya kung masama ang timpla ko. He is very much like his father.

"Ate Vida's not mad at you, Mommy... She loves you po. Don't cry, I'll cry too... We'll see Ate Vida soon right, Mommy?" malambing niyang sabi sa akin.

I smiled a little and nodded. "Yes. We'll see Ate Vida soon. Do you like that?"

His eyes sparkled upon hearing what I said, mabilis siyang tumango. "Yes! Yes! I like that, Mommy! Can you tell me something about Ate Vida? So that I know her face when we see each other,"

Nangunot ang noo ko. "You've seen her pictures, baby... I have shown it to you,"

"Yeah, I know. But can you tell me something about her?" nagagalak niyang sabi.

He is so excited and fascinated whenever we talk about his Ate Vida. He is always excited whenever we bring something up about Vida. Last Christmas, he wrote 'Ate Vida' on his wishlist and that was his only wish.

"Ate Vida looks like Mommy, she is my twin like you and Dad. She's very kind and brave, she is Mommy's baby before you, and even now. She is very smart and competitive, but she does it fairly. She bakes so well. Mama Meldy and Papa Ferdie, you know them right?" tanong ko sa kanya habang nakahilig siya sa dibdib ko. Naramdaman ko ang unti-unti niyang pagtango.

"They are very fond of your Ate Vida, they love her so much."

"Would they love me too, Mommy?" may halong lungkot sa boses niya.

"Of course, they will. They will love you as much as they love Ate Vida." I paused for a bit and hugged my son tighter. "Your Ate Vida will love you so much, she is very loving. I hope the both of you get along when you meet."

Umangat ang ulo niya at tinignan ako. "I love Ate Vida too, Mommy."

Napangiti ako at inayos ang hibla ng buhok niya. "Mommy's happy to hear that, baby. You two should love each other... Why would you want to meet Ate Vida, Vico? Mommy wants to know,"

He cutely pouted. Kamukhang-kamukha niya ang Daddy Kyd niya.

"Because I want to see her and hug and kiss her, Mommy. I want to shower Ate Vida with love. And also, I want to see you happy. I don't like seeing you cry. I know that Ate Vida makes you so happy, Mom. I want her to know me and love me, Mommy. I hope she will," he said, hopefully.

"Oh. She would, baby. Who wouldn't love my precious boy?" hinalikan ko ang tungki ng ilong niya. "You make me so happy too, Vico."

Having Vico was such a blessing. He filled the missing part of my heart, in fact he completed it. Seeing him bond with his older sister would probably be my dream, magiging sobrang masaya ako.