Life after Vida

The whole family didn't call it living when Vida died. The whole world crumbled, the stars wasn't aligned, the sun wasn't shining, the moon was darker, and everyday felt like a storm.

During Vida's funeral, there wasn't so much crying, only Vico was weeping in pain. Tahimik ang buong pamilya, kinikimkim sa loob ang sakit. Irene and Greggy didn't talk the whole time, patuloy na dumadaloy ang luha ngunit walang ingay ng lumalabas.

Not until, Vida's coffin was about to be put inside the hard tomb, that was when both of them tried so hard to stop that from happening. Irene pushed the men away and Greggy continued to pull Vida's coffin with full force. Parehong pinigilan ni Kyd at Bongbong ang dalawa. Unintentionally, natulak ni Irene si Kyd papalayo.

"No! Hindi pwede!" Irene screamed in pain. Dahan-dahan siyang itinayo ni Kyd at niyakap ng mahigpit. "K-Kyd... ayaw ko! Si Vida! Pag pinasok si Vida jan, hindi ko na siya makikita at mahahawakan ulit! P-Please... Don't." umiiyak na sabi ni Irene habang nagpupumiglas sa yakap ni Kyd.

What they did didn't change anything. Hindi na babalik si Vida.

Greggy was pulled by his family at sila na ang pumigil sa ano mang gagawin nito. He screamed at the top of his lungs. When you look at Greggy's situation, miserable is an understatement.

"Anak... Vida! Vida ko!" sigaw ni Greggy habang ang magkabilang-braso niya ang pinipigilan ni Don Luis at ng kapatid niyang si Patricia. "Bitawan niyo ako! Bitawan niyo ko! K-Kailangan ako ni Vida! Please! My daughter needs me..."

When Vida's coffin was fully inside the tomb, doon na napaluhod si Greggy sa panghihina. His knees touched the cold floor as he covered his face with his hand, bawling so hard.

The snacks that they prepared for everyone who attended was distributed. Ang mga kapatid ni Irene at Greggy ang nag-asikaso ng lahat since both of them weren't still able to function. Though Irene did her part. Vida's wake and funeral service were extravagant was all Irene's arrangements.

It was like heaven welcoming their Vida. It has Vida's favorite flowers, Vida's art, Vida's favorite foods and drinks. It wasn't full of life, since Vida was the one laying on the casket.

Ferdinand tried to feed Vico some snacks dahil hindi pa rin ito kumakain mula nung kaninang umaga. Patuloy lang ito sa pag-iyak. Vico wasn't listening to neither one of them, kahit kay Kyd.

"Come na, apo, kain na..." malumanay na aya ni Ferdinand sa apo nito.

Vico shook his head and kept crying, "No!"

"Vico, sige na... You didn't eat breakfast, hijo." ani Ferdinand.

"No! I don't want!"

"I'll buy you toy car, you want that 'di ba? The vroom vroom one? Sige na, kain na-"

Muling sumigaw si Vico ng malakas, "No! I don't want that! I don't like! I don't want to eat! Only Ate Vida! I only want Ate Vida! I don't want a vroom vroom anymore! Ate Vida lang!" he bawled his heart out.

Nagulat ang lahat ng nakapaligid sa kanila sa pagsigaw ni Vico, kahit si Irene at Greggy ay napalingon sa bata. Irene stood and up and walked towards her son. Lumuhod ito sa harapan ni Vico at hinawakan ang dalawang kamay ng anak.

"You don't yell at Lolo, anak. That's not nice," mahinahon nitong sabi sa bata. "Also, you have to eat, Vico."

Umiling-iling si Vico habang patuloy pa rin sa pag-iyak, "N-No... I don't want, Mommy. I want to eat with Ate Vida. Gising mo si Ate, Mommy, please?" pagsusumamo ng bata.

Irene wiped her own tears as it strum down her cheeks. "If I could, I would, Vico..."

"Wake Ate, Mom! She listens to you! Gising mo siya please? Mommy, please..." Vico continued bawling.