52

He had missed Yugyeom. He was glad that the other was not doing as bad as he had been worried about. It would seem he had gotten himself entangled with a gang called Got7. He had heard of them from Bangtan. they were supposedly very self sufficient. Exactly the type of people that he would expect Yugyeom to surround himself with. It was warming. He was not sure if Yugyeom knew about his connections with BTS or Shinee, but if he did, he did not say anything, nor did he demand any information beyond what he had done to land himself in this place in the first place. He was grateful. He had no idea how he was going to talk to Yugyeom about the whole mess he found himself in now. He knew that Yugyeom would definitely be displeased if nothing more. He did not want their first time together in a long while to be tainted by displeasure.

"It is a good thing that you got away from them, at least," Yugyeom said under his breath. Jungkook knew that. In a way, despite everything and the grudge that he still held against Bangtan, he was glad to be away from his goodie two shoes hypocritical parents too. It may not be for too long, but at the very least...well, it was something. In a way, he could not help but be glad that he had been brought here, even though it had mostly caused him grief. He had gotten some good out of it too, and that was something he should and was grateful for. It was inevitable, really, that he would end up here, although...

"Thank you, for back then." Jungkook muttered. He was barely able to get the words out. Being thankful to someone, anyone, was weird. However, Yugyeom had really helped him. Granted in the end he still ended up here. One could say that it meant nothing in the end, but it had meant something for Jungkook. Of course, he had ended up in the damn institution one way or another, but sometimes, such things were inevitable. Either way, it had kept Jungkook in the clear for longer than it would have been otherwise. The thing was, even though Yugyeom had technically been a part of what Jungkook had done, he was not the one who raised the knife on that day, Jungkook was. Yet, Yugyeom still was willing to take the fall. It had landed him here, and he was quite lucky to go here instead of somewhere else.

This was the last chance. Granted not much could be done to anyone under eighteen, which was why this was even an option in many cases in the first place. For the last option kids. Hoping that they would somehow learn the 'right' way of doing things and acting in society. Rather than trying to actually figure out what the issue was they shove them all in this sort of lowkey prison. Jungkook found it funny before he ended up here, and he found it even more hilarious now that he was here. This definitely did nothing to actually solve their complication, it just sent these people out into society under this pretense of reformation. Nobody was reforming themselves here. If anything they were getting worse than they were before coming in the first place. It was almost funny that these people thought that this school actually did anything...then again, Jungkook would not be surprised if the upper class knew full well this school did shit and just did not bother doing anything about it. That sort of stuff happened all the time, after all. Jungkook himself had seen it happen more than once.

"There is nothing to be said about it, Kookie," Yugyeom said gently. "I would do it again, if I could, even knowing that you eventually got in here yourself. I suppose it was bound to happen." The two of them laughed lightly at that. Yugyeom was right. It was bound to happen eventually. Jungkook was not exactly what anyone could call normal, as much as his parents may try and push that narrative. It was yet another reason why he resented them. They could never just be happy that he played a good boy to the public. No, they wanted him to be something that he was not. That was before he even went down the metaphorical rabbit hole. They certainly couldn't handle it when he was shoved down it. Yet, they didn't try and help keep him from wonderland either.

"How long have you been stuck here? I heard of a new student not too long ago, a couple months. Apparently Bangtan took a liking to them and then they went and hid away from them. I am assuming that was you?"

"Yeah...me." Jungkook admitted shyly. Yugyeom rolled his eyes.

"Of course you would draw the attention of Bangtan. It is so you to escape from them too. What did they do."

"Taehyung broke a promise." Jungkook admitted softly.

"Did he?" Yugyeom questioned, raising a brow.

"Well...pretty much..." Jungkook said quietly.

"Did he?"

"He implied that he was going to."

"Implied? Doesn't sound like you to overreact like that, Kookie." Jungkook frowned, crouching down and huffing. "Kookie, you are being emotional. Talk to Taehyung." He narrowed his eyes towards Yugyeom, but he knew that Yugyeom would never take Taehyung's side if he was not sure that Jungkook was overreacting.

"I guess you have a point," Jungkook reluctantly admitted.

"Kookie," Yugyeom said gently, turning to face him eyeing him carefully. "You are not usually so in a tiff. You've been gone for ages. Nothing is going to be fixed if you just keep hiding, and goodness knows that you can't hide the whole time you're at the school."