Taemin and Kookie

Jungkook had to admit, while he was still incredibly wary of the elder members of the group, Taemin was different. He enjoyed the small time that he had spent with Taemin so far, even if it had not been quite a long amount of time. He was still hurting, though, and spending time with anyone seemed sort of like he was cheating at something. Jungkook could not really place his feelings for the Group as of right now. He cared for them, he liked them, he allowed himself to be branded by them, so of course he cared for them deeply. It was just...difficult. The knowledge that Taehyung would have left him, would have turned from him hurt. Badly. He was not too sure he wanted to forgive them at the moment. Maybe, maybe later if they proved themselves worthy of it. 

He thought that perhaps it was a bit much, accepting MinHo's offer, and then running off, when it had become clear that he was not welcome, before being convinced to come back by the eldest, but he...he had to admit that he was not exactly in the best place at the moment. Emotionally that was. he could feel the instability warring through him at the hurt and pain that Taehyung had caused him. He had just wanted to attend classes. He wanted to...He did not understand why that was such a negative thing. It was not as though he was not aware of the fact that it was dangerous, he knew that, but had he so far not proven himself to them yet? Furthermore BangTan had made a public claim on him, he doubted anyone with sense would try anything. They were pushing something that was ridiculous and he felt hurt that his one disagreement would lead them all to abandoning him. He was not sure that he could forgive that. Anything else, of course, but...leaving him? Just because he disagreed one time, and wanted to actually go to school to do something with himself? That was a bit much. 

Jungkook hummed softly to himself, contemplating everything that had happened. He still cared for them, of course, but it was...it was just incredibly hard. It was hard to realize that, and it was hard to come to terms with it. He did not know, any longer, if Taehyung was just playing with him and his emotions or if he actually meant something to the other boy. he wanted to say that it was the latter, but really how would he know? It was beginning to make him worry. He was invested with them, he wanted to think that they meant well, and perhaps it was an accident, but he did not think that he was ready to face them if it was not.

"Jungkook-ah," Taemin whispered softly, and Jungkook jerked a little, turning onto his side and staring at the other with wide eyes and watching him carefully As he cataloged the fact that Taemin was awake. He was not really sure what to do with that information, and he did not really have much time to really assess what he should do before the emotions came through. Fear flew through him and he wondered if the other was angry somehow. Maybe he had accidentally done something wrong? He began to think it through but he could not think of anything that would cause the other teen to be angry with him, though one never really knew after all. Anything could cause someone to get annoyed or angry, so perhaps he had accidents done something and he just did not really know what it was.

"What?" Jungkook asked, trying to keep the defensive annoyance and anger from his voice. He could not say that it was particularly successful, but he had tried his best. It was to be expected in a way, for him to be defensive. He was surrounded by enemies that he barely knew after all, who knew what could happen. Just a few hours ago they were angry with him for reasons that he could not control and things that he did not intend so...he was a little wary of them still, even if they apologized, which was fairly admirable, Jungkook could not bring himself to really admit that everything was perfectly fine yet. He was still worried that he would do something and they would get angry with him again. Angry for who knows what reasons and Jungkook was not eager to figure out what would happen should that happen. He had a good reason to be wary. After all...Apologies were but words. 

Jungkook had learned the hard way that words were just words. They meant nothing, would mean nothing, and would never do much other then try and placate people. Words were one thing, but Jungkook had realized that you could not take words at face value. Perhaps he had done that a little too many times, had forgiven one Tom nay times, and accepted his fate once to much, because he was becoming to realize that words were just meaningless and most of the terms they were nothin but lies meant to try and control you. To do what others wanted, and Jungkook was tired of being a puppet for others. They needed the actions to aid the authenticity of the words. Most of the time the latter was particularly absent.

"I was just...worried. You seemed pretty..." Taemin paused trying to think of a word that was not quite insulting but was good enough to describe what it was that he had seen. "Upset, or sad. I wanted to make sure that you were alright." 

At that Jungkook could not help the burst of appreciation and affection which launched towards the other. He had been asked if he was feeling okay. Taemin was asking him if he was alright, and moments before Jungkook had thought that he was angry. He could not understand what was going on but his emotions were very clearly messed up still, as he could not help but wonder if Taehyung would ever ask if he was okay, legitimately, out of concern for him, like Taemin.

He really needed to figure things out. He could not continue to agonize himself over the fact that Taehyung had readily abandoned him. He needed to stop thinking about them. He could not help it though. He had thought the people would understand and he had been wrong. It was a horrible reality, but he had trusted the wrong people. 

Perhaps Jungkook was just naive, perhaps he was a little too kind and caring, but the reality was that when trusting someone, it was almost impossible to tell if that trust was being placed in the right person until it was too late. You were only ever betrayed by those you trusted after all, and that was why it was such an intense and painful emotion.