merit

Jimin hummed. He had thought over everything, but...there was nothing that even clicked. He had no idea how to get the younger to place him within his good graces. With the school started soon, all the Hyungs were anxious to get Jungkook to trust them, but other than Jin, he remained anxious, scared should one of the others so much as get a bit too close. As much progress as they were making, they wanted a quicker way. Most had to admit, anytime Taehyung sent jungkook to get information (twice) steal papers (thrice) or sneak past the guards (once) he managed. It had been less then a week. But i was becoming obvious that Jungkook was a powerful ally, and an equaly dangerous enemy.
They had also noticed a rather, strange, relationship between the two. Everyone knew taehyung had anger problems, but jungkook seemed to balance him, most of the time, yet, there were times when despite jungkook being seemingly magical, it was a close call. Yet jungkook never wavered in the fact of Taehyung's wrath. Shook, trembled, stuttered, froze, yes, wavered, hesitated, ran, no. They did note, Taehyung seemed to be keen on threatening punishment with the boy, which made them wonder what exactly the status between the two was.
There was still the concern of their bonding with the youngest though. When Hobi brought this to Taehyung, the other simply shrugged.
"What do you mean maybe?" Namjoon seethed.
"Think of it like this," Taehyung said, carefully ensuring Jungkook was still on the errand he had sent him on. "He doesn't know how to trust people."
"He trusts you." Yoongi countered
Taehyung hummed, his finger tapping his chin.
"I think, ironically, that just happened. Look, Jungkook is the youngest person here. Small, unassuming. Probably warned against getting inti contact with us, BangTan, by someone. The perfect, ideal target. It is no secret what sort of people this school hosts either. Remember, at first, Jungkook didn't trust me. I earned it, admittedly, i did earn it rather fast, but i think it was nore my willing to give him something that showed him thought and genuine care that caught him. You don't need to be fancy, you dont need to give him money or objects. He won't accept those. Won't care. To Jungkook, unless something is given with meaning, it does not matter at all. You have to prove you care."
"How do you expect we do that?" Jimin piped up.
"Well, you c..."
"Taetaehyung!" Jungkook said, breathing heavily. Taehyung turned around, and looked into the youth's eyes.
"Yes?"
"I tried to get it, but...they wouldn't let me into the room."
"Who?" Jungkook licked his lips, nervous.
"I...I can't..." taehyung narrowed his eyes. Swiftly moving forwards he grabbe dthe boy by the shirt collar, one hand on the front of his neck, finger twitching. Staring into Jungkook's wide, slightly fearful eyes, he growled.
"Are you keeping things from me?" He asked, darkly. Jin tensed, oh gods, this was bad.
"N-No, Hyung, I-I"
"DON'T LIE TO ME!" Taehyung whispered angrily, putting slight pressure on the other's neck. "Tell me the truth Bunny, and Hyung will not be mad. Hyung will forgive you, for trying to keep things from your ma..." tarhyung coughed. "Your Hyung, and Baby Bunny won't be punished." Jungkook trembled in Taehyung's grip.
"It was some guy named Jack something or another." Jin's eyes flashed. "Hyung...." jungkook said, cautious, after Taehyung released him.
"Yes?"
"They were talking about something too." Taehyung raced back up to him, frightening the boy, as he looked up into Tae's determined, fire lit eyes.
"What was it?"
"Hyung won't punish me if I tell?" Jungkook asked softly. Taehyung's eyes softened, and he carded a soothing hand through the other's hair.
"Of course not, Bunny."
"Th-they wanted m-me to t-tel them a-about you. Weaknesses, t-things like that." Taehyung's grip in the other's hair abruptly tightened. Jungkook yelped and glanced up at the elder with watery eyes. Body trembling, and shivering as though he were cold.
"What did my bunny do then?" He asked, a tad mocking.
"I-I said t-that I didn't k-know, c-cuz you guys didnt ha-ang around m-me much." Taehyung cooed, smoothing the boy's hair out, releasing his grip.
"Good boy."
Instantaneous results as ever. The boy relaxed, smoothing the tension from his body like water. The shaking and trembling stopped, and he sighed, contentedly into Tae's chest.
"You did well, I am proud." He said calmly. He glanced over at the others. Jimin stepped nervously forwards.
"J-Jungkook," he said softly. The boy ripped himself from his hiding spot in Tae, and glared at the other, which caused Jimin to flinch.
"I, I am sorry. I know, I mean, I did really bad, and I was really, mean. I, I don't know what came over me  i was just so, angry and jealous. I, I apologize. I don't really know what else to say. I should have put two and two together and realized tae-ah had given you the bunny. I, I shouldn't have said those-those things to you and I..." jimin stopped, his guilt eating him alive.
All the other had done the past 3 days was prove himself. Not only to be just as capable of devious behaviors, but also obedient and kind. To them at least. He didn't even make a move to hurt Jimin, he. simply ignored the other. Jimin put his hand over his face. He did not wish to see the youth watch his tears. He did not deserve the other's forgiveness either way.
The warm arms wrapping around him tjought otherwise. And a small, somewhat childish voice said words Jimin managed to ckearly make out despite their being muffled into his shirt.
"It's okay, Jiminie-Hyung, I forgive you."
And Jimin couldn't do it any konger.
He broke down crying in relief. And jungkook was there to cqtch him and his legs failed.