Tears and Fears

Jungkook stormed out of the room, leaving the members behind. Tears filled his eyes as he hastily rushed his hand across his face, palms digging into his eyes, trying to stem the flow of tears.

He was not really sure what exactly was causing this intense emotion. The annoyance and anger and fear. He just knew that these emotions were flowing through him in crashing waves. He didn't understand why.

Taehyung, it was strange. He knew it was strange. It was not as though he was blind to it. It was impossible not to know. He was fully aware. Taehyung brought out all of his emotions. The good, the bad, the happy emotions which before he had rarely felt, the negative emotions-which he was far more accustomed to-seeded to intensify three fold. It was scary, sometimes.

Jungkook paused at the door of their shared room. Did he really want to go inside? If he did...

Jungkook breathed deeply, trying to calm the hasty breaths which seemed to exit from his chest unwillingly. He was panting. The weight if the emotions hanging in his chest too much for him to bear.

He turned from the room. His tears began to fall once more. Incapable of helping himself. Taehyung had promised. Promised. Jungkook was stupid enough to have willingly trusted the other to fulfill that promise. Perhaps he was blinded by the trust which Taehyung had somehow seemed to rip from him. He hated it. Hated that he had done something so stupid. Hated that he had allowed himself to be blinded. He should have known better but it would seem as though he was simply too hapless when it comes to trust. Always trusting, always getting his emotions toyed with.

One would think he would have learned by now, but it would seem that it was the exact opposite. Taehyung had promised that he would not leave Jungkook, he had sworn it and Jungkook...he had believed him. Taehyung said that he would stay with Jungkook and that Jungkook was his just as much as he was Jungkook's. How utterly pathetic could he be to believe such things? How moronic was he to actually believe those pretty little lies which had fallen from Taehyung's mouth. The lovely, silky words which he had spoken. Lies. Just like everything else.

Taehyung had turned from him. He had walked away as Jungkook was lying on the floor, gasping for air, and in that rush he had been so panicked he had not truly understood what Taehyung had done. After a minute he realized, and it broke him.

Taehyung had promised, and after such a long while Jungkook had believed someone, he had trusted someone...but his trust, as always, seemed to be misplaced. Why did he always seem to choose the wrong thing? The wrong people.

He had been warned about Taehyung. Jungkook realized this, blindly walking down the halls, not paying attention to where he was going, nor focusing on what was going around him, eyes wet with the liquid which spilled over. The nice officer which had escorted him to the school had warned him about Taehyung. Not just Taehyung, though. Jungkook had been warned about the entire BangTan clan. He had been warned about them and yet he had pushed aside that warning. It was a...well...a stupid thing to do. He realized that now. He should have kept himself away from those traitors.

He heard Jimin screaming for him in the distance. Taehyung's voice following soon after. It was not close to him, not yet. Jungkook laughed, gasping for air as he seemed to loose it. They...they were looking for him? Him? After all that they had done they expected him to what? Go running back to them like some pathetic little puppy? No...
Jungkook was angry. He was mad. He would not go to them. Let them worry, let them cry out and scream their voices hoarse trying to find him. Let them run around and frantically search for him.

"Hey," Jungkook's eyes jerked upwards, frozen in time.
"Minho Hyung." Jungkook whispered, surprised. It was then that he realized he had not seen anyone but the BangTan clan for ages. Since the first night here, when he had met Minho. He had been so preoccupied with BangTan he had not paid much attention to anyone or anything else.

He cursed himself darkly. He was a bad person. Trusting Taehyung, trusting BangTan, getting close to them just to be betrayed by them. Hurt by them. Broken by their lies. Not just that, but he had been completely ignoring Minho. He felt awful as he looked into the elder's worried eyes.

"Are you not going to answer them?" Minho asked. "They've been rushing about for almost 30 minutes."
30? Had it truly been that long? That long since his betrayal.
"No." He said, his voice thick with anger and hate. "Let them run around and spend their energy. I don't care." But the tears which began to fall once more betrayed that lie.
"Jungkook, angel. If you want you can stay with me and SHINee for a bit. At least for the night. Calm down, clear your head."

Minho was not blind. He knew that Jungkook would agree. He had sworn to surpass BangTan, him along with the rest of SHINee. They were small, unnoticed, but that was the point. He doubted that Jungkook would rat them out. Even if he did, there was no proof they were doing anything.

And agree Jungkook did. With a nod of his head and tears in his eyes, with sadness covering the usual bright light which seemed to emit in violent rays around him. Minho stretched out his hand which Jungkook slowly grabbed, a small yet bittersweet smile on his face and Minho jolted the young boy from the wall, wrapping his arm around his shoulder, allowing Jungkook to hide in him. Hide away from the school, from BangTan, from reality.

24kookie42 thank you again for reminding me to update and helping me feel better. You are an angel.