Tense

When taehyung came back, everyone was tense. It was as though Jungkook was waiting for one of them to pounce on him because of what he did, but was steadily refusing to back down, though it was clear that having so many people's eyes on him was unnerving him, and making him nervous. He stood carefully, gazing warily around him, to the others, assessing them, carefully, watching them.

Jungkook held himself, tense, watching them waiting to see what they would do to him. Not that the others were intending to do anything, but it was clear that even Jungkook himself was unnerved that he had let himself go so far as to talk about such things.

"Hey gu..." Taehyung paused, walking in on what was clear was a rather unbalanced situation. "What happened?" He asked carefully, slowly approaching Jungkook. Jungkook swung around to looked at Taehyung, eyes wide, pupils blown in fear. Glancing back at the others, Jungkook grabbed Taehyung by the sleeve, and roughly pulled the older boy towards him, before hiding behind him, arms wrapping around the other's torso, shaking slightly in fear.

"I didn't mean to Hyungie." Jungkook said softly, eyes going wet with building tears.

"What happened, Sweetie?" Taehyung asked softly.

"I-I, I read SeokJin-ssi, I did not think. I just, I lost control. I am really, really, really sorry, Tae-TaeHyung." Jungkook looked to be on the verge of a total collapse, and Taehyung knew that to move forwards with Jungkook, and help integrate him into their lifestyle, this was an incredibly important moment. One wrong move, and it was all over. Calmly, he looked over to Hobi and Jin, trying to get some sort of grasp on what it was Jungkook did that he was so distraught over.

"He read Jin, and pointed out his weaknesses, Tae-ah." Jimin said tersely. "Ripped them to the surface, like it was nothing, with ease." Jungkook was shaking behind him, fearful of Jimin's voice tone, though he did not know that it was because the other was shocked, and trying to hide it, rather than angry and seeking revenge. Taehyung took a deep breath, slowly, he turned himself around, grabbing Jungkook by the waist, and pulling him away from him. Jungkook backed away quickly, then. Ripping himself from the other's arms. It hurt, Taehyung made him feel safe, comfortable.

But Jungkook had hurt SeokJin-ssi, in such a cruel way. Taehyung, no matter how kind and caring he had been towards him in that moment, surely would never forgive him for such a thing. He could not help it. Wrapping his arms around his torso in a poor imitation of what he long for, Jungkook stared down at the ground, tears slowly falling from his eyes, and down his face. He kept silent, as he always did, his breath coming out in shudders. He would loose him, Taehyung. The one person who actually made him feel something. Something other than extreme anger, other than false happiness, and intense hatred. It was breaking him apart, but it was no less than he deserved. Jimin was right. He had been tresspassing. Basically he had, coming in and-and thinking Taehyung was his friend. Maybe Taehyung had seen him as a friend, but the other boy deserved a better friend than he could be. It broke him, but he would have to leave him, it was clear the other had come to the same conclusion, pulling him away like he had.

"I-I am sorry. I did not m-mean to. I-It is oka-ay, I will leav-ve you n-now. I apologize f-for coming in and ruining e-everything." Jungkook said softly, he backed away. Barely able to look up at them, he did notice a flash of something in Taehyung's eyes. He turned to run, barely making it a few steps before familiar arms wrapped around his torso, flooding his system with heat. But he would not have it. He was too dangerous, he had to get away from them. He tried to rip himself from Taehyung, but the other was not having it.

Just as Jungkook was about to break free, Taehyung used the voice.

"Jungkook, STOP struggling, NOW!"

The result was instantanious and even among the other Bangtan members it was shocking. The boy instantly slummed down, becoming like a drugged sleeping person. Falling straight into Taehyung's arms, not moving. Body still trembling slightly, but otherwise, no sign of movement.

"I am not mad at you Baby." Taehyung assured, resting them both on the ground, carding a hand through the other's dark hair. "I am proud. You did well. No need to be sorry. But next time, wait for my permission okay, sweetheart? No reading people without my permission. understand?" Jungkook looked up at Taehyung, his eyes a glassy sheen from the tears.

"You...You are not mad?" He whispered.

"No, baby, no. You did good, reading Jin-hyung so well, you did very, very good. Next time, just wait for my permission, okay? Wait for TaeTaehyung to say that it is okay, and then read people. Promise?" Taehyung asked soothingly, effectively, and easily, calming Jungkook down significantly.

"Okay, Hyungie." He said easily.

"Good boy, Hyung will have some people you can read later, but for now, just go to sleep, okay? You did so well today, I am so proud of my baby." Jungkook literally purred, and drifted off to sleep, with Taehyung continuing to utter soothing praise in he deep voice to the younger boy.

"What was that?" Yoongi asked, unable to help the mocking, shocked, derisive tone that his voice had carried. None of them were used to seeing Taehyung baby anyone, much less give such praise. Or even talk to someone with such a genuine, caring tone, hold them until the fell asleep in his arms.

"Guys, I know you are not happy with my choice, but please, at least let me explain why I chose Jungkook, out of all the other candidates." He said quietly.

Suga did not seem happy, but Jin just nodded, sighing deeply.

"fine. Explain, and it better be a good one."