Ins(is) 10

Goodgodwhy on ao3

It was her own fault really. She was distracted. She was thinking about Percy. She was remembering the way he had bent her over a desk and fingered her to three orgasms before fucking her until they were both moaning far too loudly in an empty, deserted classroom.

The memory from a few days before had flitted through her mind at just the wrong time, and her knee buckled, and suddenly she found herself tumbling from the top of the pyramid towards the hard ground before she even knew what was happening. Luckily, she managed to windmill her arms and right herself so that she landed on her feet rather than flat on her face. Not so luckily, the plunge still sent a painful shock through her ankle and up her legs. She crumpled and laid on her side huffing heavily as her teammates swarmed worriedly around her.

"Holy shit, Annabeth! Are you okay?" Piper asked.

She groaned and flipped onto her back, staring up at the sky spinning above her. It was already embarrassing that her teammates saw their captain eat shit, but even more humiliating was the crowd of people letting out loud gasps of concern.

"Yeah, I'm good, just winded," she breathed out in response.

Hazel was at her feet, her friend's hands hovering nervously across her skin, "Annabeth, this is already starting to bruise. You should really get it checked out."

"No, it's okay, it doesn't hurt," she lied; her ankle was starting to throb.

Annabeth tried with difficulty to sit up, but her chest constricted in protest, and she fell back to the itchy grass in defeat. Piper pushed down on her shoulders to keep her from moving any more. Annabeth watched a few players on the bench turn away from the game to stare at her curiously. Jason and Frank hovered over Hazel's shoulder, looking down at her with pity. God, just kill her now.

"Alright, fine. I'll go to the nurse's office," she promised with an annoyed sigh.

"We'll go with you," Hazel announced, but Annabeth was already shaking her head.

"No, no, you two need to finish the routine. Just help me up," she asked.

Neither looked happy about it, but they took her elbows and pulled her up slowly from the ground. The audience in the stands offered a scattered applause and she didn't think her cheeks could get any more red.

Annabeth whined a little as her sore ankle twisted uncomfortably, but she bit her lip to muffle the sound. She took a tentative step and nearly collapsed, but she managed to balance herself before she fell. Piper reached for her, but Annabeth waved her off.

"I'm good, I'm good," she insisted. She took another step, steadier this time, "see, I'm fine."

She could feel them watching as she limped away, embarrassed. It took her awhile to get to the infirmary with her aching ribs and tender ankle, but eventually she made it into the room and onto the hard mattress.

The school nurse rushed over to her immediately and began fluttering around her. She listened to Annabeth's heartbeat, smoothed her fingers over her stomach and prodded her foot. When the lady finished her inspection, she began to explain Annabeth's injuries, but she was interrupted by the loud squeak of shoes skidding across the floor.

They glanced over at the door and there stood a heaving Percy, looking sweaty and tousled and fucking incredible. He was in a simple baggy sweater that she was tempted to steal from him, and dark faded jeans. She really should've been used to the way he looked by now. The mere sight of him shouldn't have sent her pulse into overdrive, but it did unfortunately, and she couldn't explain why.

Meanwhile, she was covered in sweat, grass stains and bruises. Her once pristine uniform was now covered in dirt and crusted mud. She ran her fingers through her tangled hair on reflex, suddenly nervous.