OIS 4: Dinners and Diatrides

Goodgodwhy on ao3

"Babe you need to relax," Annabeth muttered around the bobby pin in her mouth.

Percy stared at himself in the mirror, trying to squish down the cow lick that had sprung up again, "I'm calm," he insisted.

He could see her reflected behind him, giving him a look that said she didn't believe him for a second. She finished pinning back a blonde curl and stood up from the bed, smoothing down her pretty dress, looking like the most effortless kind of beautiful.

It was a fairly unassuming colour of beige, because she wanted something simple for the evening, but the way it clung to her hips and the loose neckline shifted along the swell of her boobs still made his tongue dry.

Even months into their relationship, she continued to take his breath away.

She walked towards him and wrapped her arms around his middle, her chest to his back, her face pressed between his shoulder blades.

"Just take a breath," she mumbled, her own breath warming his skin where her lips touched.

He let his arms fall to his sides and he inhaled deeply, shutting his eyes, "I just don't want to embarrass you," he whispered.

Her grip tightened, squeezing a little too hard, "you won't," she promised. "You've already met my dad and my brothers, and they're the only ones that really matter."

He tilted his neck back until his head rested on the top of hers. It wasn't comfortable but it helped settle his nerves. "I know, but this is a big deal to your dad and your step-mom, it's like, their biggest, most important party."

She dug her forehead harder into his spine, "It's just a holiday dinner, we have it every year, it's not that important," she assured. "I don't even like most of my extended family, they're all a bunch of assholes. And my dad's so-called friends are really just his colleagues that he's trying to impress with all his opulence. None of their opinions matter."

"See I don't even know what that word means," Percy groaned, "I'm fucked."

She slapped at his stomach and he grinned, "shut up, you know what it means."

He turned in her arms, wrapping his own around her shoulders, pulling her in closer even if nearly every inch of their bodies were already connected. He buried his nose in her hair, careful not to muss it up to much, "what if I fall down the stairs and they all laugh at me?"

She lifted her knee to nudge his junk, making him jolt, "stop doubting yourself," she demanded.

"Careful with the jewels," he exclaimed, leaning his hips away from her, "I'm not doubting myself, just considering a very real possibility. You know I always forget to tie my shoelaces."

She pulled her face out of his chest and stared at him with disgust, "ew, you did not just call them jewels."

He nodded sagely, "I did and they're still sensitive."

Her eyes sparkled a little mischievously and she lowered one of her hands, ghosting over him, making him jolt for a whole other reason, "they are?" she asked with feigned pity, her bottom lip pushed out in an exaggerated pout. "Maybe they need a little t.l.c."

He cleared his throat, "that might help me relax," he agreed.

She grabbed at his bulge gently, rubbing him over his pants, giving the best kind of friction. His head dropped to her shoulder, eyes fluttering shut. She was too good at this, fingers too skilled, she could always get him hard in record time.

"Is this actually going to help you calm down?" she asked.

He hummed, trying to stop his knees from giving out, "it definitely won't hurt."