Being Productive

By: Folieacutie on Ao3
(Enjoy 🧍🏻‍♀️)

Annabeth turned her eyes on him, her mouth poised on her mechanical pencil. "Are you okay? You're all red."

Percy startled. He cleared his throat. He had not been imagining his girlfriend straddling him in the skirt she was wearing, no way. Not even a little bit. It hadn't crossed his mind for a second, let alone minutes.

"Uh, yeah, all good. Just...frustrated by this reading."

"Oh, I can try and help you with it when I'm done with this assignment if you want. Or find an illegal download of an audio book version."

Percy smiled and leaned forward to kiss her forehead. "Sure, I'll uh, keep trying until then. Thanks, babe."

She grinned softly and returned to her work.

Percy tried returning to his. Honestly, he did. He berated himself over sitting adjacent to her rather than across from her. If he had, the table would have blocked her lower half. Then, he'd only have her completely chaste zip-up hoodie to look at.

Instead, he was suffering. He didn't understand why his girlfriend chose today of all days to wear that fucking skirt. Sure, it was a sunny day outside, warm and nice enough that he complained about going to the library even more than usual. But really? Wearing a short, black denim skirt to the library? To do homework? Was she trying to demolish his grades?

His textbook completely out of his brain, he focused on the expanses of her smooth legs, all the way from her ankles to her beautiful thighs. They were toned and tan and would wrap around his- Gods damn it, get it together man. He shook his head. His gaze flicked up further...to where her pencil rested against her lips. And, well, that wasn't helping either. He switched to her ey-

She was looking right at him.

Percy almost jumped, heat rushing to his face.

"You're staring." Her tone was accusatory, but her smile was smug.

His reply petered out as she dragged her thumb along her bottom lip and let it enter her mouth just slightly.

She smeared her finger on her mouth so that it glistened.

"Annabeth...." He breathed out. He wasn't sure if it sounded desperate or like a warning. Probably both.

Her ankle hooked around his leg.

His heart rate cranked up.

"Percy..." She teased, and slowly licked- licked!- the pad of her thumb. Her ankle slid up his calf. She moved her other hand to the zipper of her sweater, which she twisted, taunting him.

She was going to kill him.

"What are you...what are you doing?"

Annabeth spared him a glance while she dragged her zipper down. The pink tank top underneath wasn't terribly surprising, but the lack of a bra was.

He barely remembered he had asked her a question when she spoke again. "What do you think I'm doing?"

"Being a terrible girlfriend." He whispered at her, scanning the rest of the library. Luckily, this side of the stacks was empty for now.

"Really? Is this terrible for you?" She used her pencil to brush her tank-top strap off her shoulder.

Percy couldn't speak.

Under the table her foot reached the back of his knee.

His hands flexed. His eyes bounced from her body to the empty entrance of the room.