ins (is) 13

Goodgodwhy on ao3

So, Annabeth had definitely been avoiding him for the past week. Ever since she fled his house.

Simply put, he missed her. He didn't really want to think about the reasons behind why he missed her so much, all he knew was that he did.

On Friday, almost a week since they were last together, he stood at his locker, reeling from her drunken phone call the night before, and trying to figure out exactly where it all went wrong.

He mapped out each day in his head.

Last Saturday, he is pretty sure is where he fucked it all up.

They were supposed to work on the finishing details of their essay, but instead they ended up holding hands and revealing some of their deepest secrets to each other. Maybe she felt like it was too intimate, too serious for their casual relationship. Maybe she felt uncomfortable and embarrassed that she admitted so much to him. Except, he had told her equally as much about himself, so she really had no reason to feel awkward. He had revealed more about his life to her than he had to anyone else, maybe ever.

Then she tried to go back to normal, she kissed him and shoved him on the bed, all their fiery hunger returned. Or at least, it did return for a moment, but then, he slowed it down, and he touched her far too softly. Every one of his movements and caresses were tender. Maybe she felt the shift, maybe she could feel his heart nearly bursting out of his chest and she knew that he was in too deep.

He still didn't even know what came over him or why it felt so special and different, but obviously she understood something that he didn't. She probably realized that he was a little too obsessed and wanted to take a step back to cool things off. Maybe she was giving him a chance to calm down a bit.

So, if that hadn't already ruined everything, then introducing her to his mom just really solidified his fuck up. Percy could tell right away that she was uncomfortable. She looked like she was going to be sick when his mom offered her dinner. Annabeth couldn't have run out of their apartment any faster if she tried.

So yeah, Saturday was definitely when he ruined everything.

The next few days weren't so bad, because he was an idiot, and he didn't even realize anything was wrong. It was only through retroactive introspection that he realized his series of mistakes.

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday he texted her a few times without a response. He also noted that he hadn't seen her in the halls at school, and in class, her face was always hidden in a book, but it wasn't out of the ordinary to go a few days without contact, so the alarm bells hadn't started ringing yet. He just assumed that she was busy with exams coming up, and organizing Prom, and training the cheer team and being the constant center of everyone's attention. He couldn't blame her for not making time for him when she had so much on her plate.

Wednesday was when he started to get worried. He had been walking towards class, when he got a good look at her for the first time in days. He smiled instinctively, giving her a broad grin as he took her in.

He still remembered even now that she had worn a cute, short, green dress that ended high on her thighs. Her hair cascaded beautifully across her back in perfect curls. She looked so good that it hurt. But then his eyes flickered up to her face and she appeared absolutely petrified to see him. He recalled turning his head to the side, trying to ask her what was wrong, but she had already spun back to her blonde football friend. Percy had no choice but to keep walking, but he couldn't help looking back at her, wondering for the first time, if he had done something wrong.

When he got home that night, he noticed that she had finally responded to his string of texts. He opened it immediately, excited to see what she had to say. His face fell when he saw that all she had written back was a short text about printing their paper. Nothing about why she had been missing all week, or why she looked so horrified to see him.