𝟭𝟱 - ❝𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡❞

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

LATER, YOU WERE ALL ASSIGNED TO FILCH, THE ANNOYING OLD CARETAKER.

"a pity they let the old punishments die. was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. god, i miss the screaming"

you raise your eyebrows,

sounds entertaining

you all walk back down to hagrid's hut, hagrid opens the door and steps out.

"you'll be serving detention with hagrid tonight. he's got a little job to do inside the dark forest"

your eyebrows raise again,

the dark forest?

"a sorry lot, this, hagrid"

hagrid sniffles.

"oh, good god, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?"

kaburamaru hisses at the mention.

hagrid sniffles again, getting his crossbow ready.

"norbert's gone. dumbledore sent him off to romania to live with a colony" hagrid says.

you smirk slightly,

good riddance

"well, that's good, isn't it? he'll be with his own kind" hermione says.

"yeah, but what if he don't like romania? what if the other dragons are mean to him? he's only a baby, after all"

you sigh, rubbing your forehead in annoyance.

"oh, for god's sake, pull yourself together, man. you're going into the forest, after all. got to have your wits about you"

"the forest? i thought that was a joke. we can't go in there"

you deadpan.

"students aren't allowed. and there are.."

a wolf howls right on queue.

"..werewolves"

"ah, there's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. you can be sure of that. night-night"

"right. let's go" hagrid nods.

you all head into the dark forest, you look around as you walk.

fog was covering the whole place, leaving an eerie feel.

fang walked ahead of you all.

after a bit of walking, hagrid stops.

you look down as he dips his fingers into a puddle of something metallic.

"hagrid, what is that?" harry asks nervously.

"what we're here for. see that?" he holds up his fingers, "that's unicorn blood, that is. i found a dead one a few weeks ago. now, this one's been hurt bad by something"

you purse your lips.

"so, it's our job to go and find the poor beast"

some fucking school sending a bunch of kids out to find whatever's been murdering a literal unicorn

"ron, hermione, [name], you'll come with me"

"okay.." ron says weakly.

"and, harry, you'll go with malfoy"

harry nods begrudgingly.

"okay. then i get fang"

"fine. just so you know, he's a bloody coward"

they both head off and the rest of you all go in the same direction, looking around for anything.

after a while of seeing nothing, you hear a scream and draco runs at you all, screaming and shouting incoherent things like a fucking idiot. they all hurried over to where draco lead you all to.

as you reach the destination, you all saw harry, but also a man with the torso of a human and the legs and lower body of a horse.

you grimace slightly.

"harry!" hermione calls.

"hello there, firenze" hagrid greets with a curt nod, "see you've met our young mr. potter. all right there, harry?"

harry nods.

"harry potter, this is where i leave you" the centaur says, "you're safe now. good luck"

your attention turns to the dead unicorn over on the floor, kaburmaru hisses.

short oops

short oops

words ; 502

date posted ; 23/01/23

©_behindyou_