𝟰𝟭 - ❝𝘀𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗲❞

❝𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘮𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘥, 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘯𝘰 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘭 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘳❞- 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨, 𝘩𝘰𝘻𝘪𝘦𝘳

𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘮𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘥, 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩
𝘯𝘰 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯
𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘭 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘳❞

- 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨, 𝘩𝘰𝘻𝘪𝘦𝘳

EVERYONE WAS THEN BANISHED TO THE HALL.

hundreds of sleeping bags scattered the hall, originally about a foot apart though most had pulled them in to be next to their friends despite percy hissing to not move the sleeping bags.

majority of the school was fast asleep by now, but you weren't used to being monitored before sleep and you didn't often sleep so early, so you were laying down, staring up at the ceiling.

you let your eyes flutter shut as footsteps entered, not particularly feeling like getting shouted at for still being awake.

"i've searched the astronomy tower and the owlery, sir. there's nothing there"

"ah, thank you"

another pair of footsteps storm in.

"the third floor's clear too, sir"

"very good"

"and i've done the dungeons headmaster, no sign of black, nor anywhere else in the castle" the familiar sound of snape's voice leaves you holding back a grimace.

"i didn't really expect him to linger" dumbledore says casually.

the small group of teachers stroll slowly passed the flurry of heads and feet.

"remarkable feat, don't you think? to enter the hogwarts castle in one's own.. completely undetected?"

"quite remarkable, yeah"

"any theories on how he might have managed it?"

"many. each as unlikely as the next"

"you may recall.. prior to the start of term i had expressed concerns.. about your appointment of professor-" "not a single professor inside this castle would help sirius black to enter it. i'm quite convinced the castle is safe..."

your eyebrows furrowed, could he be referring to lupin?

".. and i'm more than willing to send the students back to their houses"