Four

Sitting at the dinner table was a very confused, Reign

Sitting at the dinner table was a very confused, Reign. Along with a very irritated blonde that just wanted to go home.

Reign sat wondering how everything went from having the best holiday of her life and then to having the worst holiday ever.

What are the odds that someone you hated since like the second grade will be sitting at your family's table on Christmas Eve.

This was some bullshit!

"I'm going to get ready for the game but the dinner was lovely," Reign's father assured to his wife before both Reign and Adeline's father ran into the living room like some little kids aiming to watch the football game.

It left a little bit of awkwardness because they were the only ones making conversation at the dinner table.

Reign looked up at Adeline before glancing back down at her own food. She for some reason wondered what the girl was thinking. The blonde seemed so out of place.

"Angelina! Can I go watch tv, with my father? I finished eating." Winter asked as the women nodded and she ran off to the living room.

It wasn't even a dinner anymore. There was Adeline's mom, Reign's stepmom, her two brothers, Lucas and both Adeline and reign still at the table.

It was supposed to be a meaningful moment because that's how it was every year but this year just didn't feel right. This year was just different. Who the hell spends Christmas Eve with your boss instead of enjoying it with your actual family?—okay so maybe that work in those age gap books that almost every hormonal teenage girl reads but it doesn't happen in real life.

Both of reign's brothers and Lucas eventually excused themselves and went to the living room to watch the football game with their fathers. Tonight the Raven's we're playing and Reign's family was a huge fan of the ravens.

However, Reign, was not.

"I guess I'll just clean this all up." Angeline said with a hit of sarcasm in her voice. She then stood up and she started collecting their plates.

Adeline's mother stood up and smiled, "I want to help. It'll be our thank you for inviting us."

The mother's took a trip to the kitchen as reign sat back in her chair with her foot accidentally hitting Adeline's. The blonde groaned.

"Don't touch me." She muttered "You disgust me. Every time I see you I just want to throw up." Adeline gritted through her teeth as she seemed to be more anger than she was when she walked into that house.

"Don't you do that after every meal?" Reign tilted her head with 'puppy' eyes. "Are you going to do that after this one too? You know, since you like to stay in the trends."

Adeline glared at her before rolling her eyes. The blonde was ready to go home without a doubt in her mind. "If I had an eating disorder...you would do be in trouble for that."

"Yeah but you want one. You want something traumatic to happen to you so you can play victim from something but there's nothing. So, I advise you not to go seeking out for danger because you want attention. You know what, I'm just going to go upstairs." Reign announced as she got up from her chair and stormed up the stairs.

Adeline sighed as she watched her with a little anger hidden in her.

-

Reign took out her laptop as she started to write her book. It was about her life put into characters, something almost every author has thought of.

But reign didn't see herself as an author, she saw herself as someone who just wrote for fun, or someone who had a lot of ideas and overthinking experiences so she chose to write them down.

Her skin was soft. It was smooth but so rough. Rough because she was broken into pieces and she had no one there to help her; no one there to guide her mind back into its cast.

Reign sighed before clicking the back button and deleting everything she just wrote.

Ideas came flooding to her but she didn't know what she wanted to write. She didn't know what she wanted at all.

A girl; with a meaningless name. A girl that wants to be heard but is scared to put herself out there because she will be quickly shut down. Things go wrong at home but a smile will have to do. A smile will have to cover up all those cuts and bandages because she doesn't want the attention. She doesn't want the; 'are you okay?' or the 'What's wrong?' that's just a question away from a break down and she tried for so long to build this wall up.

Reign looked at her words for a moment. She wanted to know what it meant for herself. She didn't know what these words meant, she just wrote them down here and there.

A knock was heard at the door of her room and she shut her laptop in a hurry before turning around as the door opened.

"What the hell do you want?"

Adeline rolled her eyes, "relax faggot. I was only coming in here to get my things. My family and I are finally leaving."

"Great." Reign smiled happily.

Adeline crossed her arms as she looked around the room once more. "You should change your room around. Give it a more darker image. It fits you."

Reign glared at her as she waited for Adeline to leave. "Your coat is over there."

"I know, but thanks for being a good doggie and spotting it for me." Adeline winked as she grabbed her pink fur coat and pulled it around her shoulders. "Don't I look adorable?" Adeline asked as she fixed herself up in the mirror.

"No, you look horrid."—that was lie. Reign knew that the blonde looked amazing and that wasn't a lie. It was her attitude that made her rates go down.

Adeline walked towards the door. She stopped right in front of Reign. "I guess I will see you after the break? I hope you are prepared for the hell you are going to be experiencing. I'm worse than what's waiting for you in your destined after life." She raised up on her tippy toes to reach up to Reign's ear. "Faggot." She muttered before leaning back down and walking out of the room.

Reign wasn't all that surprised about what just happened. The only thing that was surprising was that she was keeping up this war thing. Back in elementary she would usually let it go but it seemed different this time.

Not the different that reign liked though. She actually just wish that things would actually go back to normal. All this drama is affect her writing time because of her head is so caught around Adeline.

It was quite annoying.

No... it was fucking annoying.

 it was fucking annoying