Twenty-one

After settling with her sister, Reign was back in school

After settling with her sister, Reign was back in school. She needed to stop messing around with her attendance or her credits wouldn't count and it would affect whether she was going to be graduating or not. That's something she definitely didn't want to mess up out of all the things she's messed up.

Out of everything that has been happening to the brunette lately; walking into the school surprised her the most. Everything felt different considering she hasn't been there in a whole week. It was no surprise that she would have to make up a lot of assignments. But out of everything she had to worry about...homework was the easiest on the list.

Being at the school felt strange considering that her friends didn't dare to check up on her or even decide to just send a text to let her know if they were even alive.

Reign did shock them when she walked into 1st period. They looked like they saw a ghost but Reign didn't say anything to them. She had a lot on her mind and no matter how much she needed to put the real world ahead of everything and escape later; the thought of just crawling into a ball in her bed will crying every tear out until her stress went away was at the top of her mind right about now.

Reign shook her thoughts and sat by Ella like she did everyday—or, like she used to.

Ms. Jones walked into the classroom with her purse and heels clicking across the floor making a screech to Reign's ears.

"Hello class, as you could tell. We have examines coming up—which means you should be getting as much sleep as you could. This test is no test to play with. It could get you in some reason trouble with your grades." She paused before looking up to finally see Reign. "Ms. Monreal. I would like to see you after class."

Reign tensed up but nodded and looked down at the notebook that suddenly appeared in front of her.

She looked over to her right to see Ella sending her a small sad smile. "Here's all the notes from this class from this week. I can go over them with you, if you would like." Ella whispered to her as Reign simply nodded.

Some small change was now between them. Reign didn't know what but something didn't feel right.

When she looked up, her eyes met with Adeline. The blonde seemed worried and frightened. She seemed like she actually cared for Reign and even though the brunette didn't know it yet, Adeline did cared...more than Reign knows.

-

"You have 18 absences to receive and then you fail the year and you will have to repeat it. I don't want this to happen to you but you're pushing yourself to that limit." Ms. Jones assured Reign.

Reign ran her fingers through her hair as she took a deep breath, "I'm not asking you of anything special that you wouldn't give the other kids but I think it's important you understand that my mother kicked me out of the house and then I've been having relationship drama and I don't know who I am anymore. So, please forgive me for taking a week off to get myself together. But if I would have came here and tried to pay attention in class then I would have failed because my mind has been flooded with things that I'm not even sure I want to relive." Reign ranted on before she gulped. "I will make up all the work and I will be the student that I was. Just give me the weekend and I'll be caught up."