Thirty-Two

Kendall walked into the house with Reign sitting there reading some book she found on her sister's bookshelf

Her opinion? Way too damn straight.

"What you reading there?" Kendall asked as she hung her jacket on the coat rack.

Reign shrugged, "One of your straight books. I couldn't get pass the smut. It's gross." She tosses her book over to the side, "That reminds me of the book I was writing. Actually, I'm one chapter from being finished with it. I just don't know how to end it."

Kendall shrugged, "Well, maybe just do a time jump. See where the character is in the future. Maybe married, with kids—or if she's an independent women...No kids, No marriage. Just her being a boss bitch." Kendall assures.

"Yeah." Reign clears her throat, "Speaking of kids...let's talk about me."

Kendall nodded, "Okay, what's going on with you?"

"I met up with Eric Flair today." Kendall face fell, "I thought there was no more secrets between us. Why am I feeling sorry for you if that's not even the case? My father is dead and he's a criminal. Why couldn't you say that instead of making me believe that an innocent man—well in that subject because I'm sure he's not as innocent—would do something like that.?"

Kendall ran her fingers through her hair, "I couldn't tell you. I made an oath to carry on with that lie until the day that your father decided to meet you...on his terms."

"On his terms? What the fuck is the supposed to mean? Am I not good enough to get a say in how my life will turn out?"

Kendall shook her head, "You don't want to mess with that part of the Flair family. It could get really ugly and make you evil. Your father was an innocent man until he got caught up with his father and dealing with drugs and he was going to get caught if he didn't go away because of my mother, Vivan. But things are better now. Better that he's dead because he can't hurt you the way the flair family hurts people."

Reign shook her head, "Ella never hurt me. She's been my best friend since diapers. Since the sandbox and she's always been there for me. No matter what. She was there for me. She loves me no matter what and I'm grateful for her."

"Yeah, well that's because she was raised by a good women. Melissa wouldn't let her children's mind be messed up by any man. Ella is good, so was your father and so was Eric. It's there father that manipulates them into thinking they are nothing enough for them to be forced into proving their worth." Kendall then stormed into the kitchen, "I don't want you anywhere near that family." She recalls from the kitchen.

Reign cleared her throat, "I can't really do that, Kendall. He offered me the houses that my father left me, along with a few cars and millions of dollars."

Kendall rushed out of the kitchen and her eyes widened, "You didn't take it, did you? There's always a price. You don't want to pay a price." Kendall assured.

Reign cleared her throat, "I didn't take it but I did accept a deal with Eric. He said that nothing will be a problem if I follow what he wants me to do."

Kendall crossed her arms, "What exactly does he want me to do?"

"He wants me to get out of Rivers way when I turn 18 and go pursue my career in Atlanta. Far away from here for the time being."

Kendall shook her head in disbelief, "why do you have to be away from here? Does he got you selling drugs? Is he gaslighting you into doing his little scandals?"

Reign sighed, "No, Kendall. He's just apparently wants what's best for me and in Atlanta there's a basketball camp down there and there's a really good writing school down there. It would be good for me."

Kendall pinched the bridge of her nose, "What about Adeline? I thought you were going to give her space and then you were going to try and work things out with her. What happened to that? What happened to communication?"

Reign shrugged, "I should come first right? I put myself above others and then I learn how to be stable enough to love someone else when I love myself. I'm not even sure what is love right about now and if I go out and see the world for myself then I can learn what I love and don't love about myself. If Adeline wants to be with me...She would wait for me."

Kendall raised her hands up in defense, "I'm just saying that when you go out there and explore the world and see more options out there...Don't be surprise when you find someone else that can be possibly better than Adeline. Someone you love and doesn't cost you a thing. Someone that can tell you they love you in front of crowds of people without a care. Don't go weighing your options against everyone else if you want to settle for less."

Reign scoffed before standing up, "Don't you ever call her anything less than what she is. There's no one like her and there's no one that I want other than her. I'd kill before being without her and seeing her with anyone else."

Kendall rolled her eyes, "You want to be with her or do you just not want anyone else with her?" She asked before walking away and leaving Reign with the question.

Without a thought in her mind she knew she wanted to be with Adeline. She just wanted to learn how to love more...if she learned how to love then she could provide Adeline with all love in the world because that's what she deserves.

Reign knew in her heart that Adeline deserved so much more than she was getting and she wasn't being selfish...learning to love yourself was the key to loving others.

That's when Reign thought about Penelope. She was supposed to talk with her soon.

 She was supposed to talk with her soon