Thirty-Four

After what Adeline would call a long day of work, she walked into her families home hoping her mother wouldn't be there

After the argument with her mother she hadn't been able to actually have a decent conversation with her or even be in the same room.

Technically, Adeline wasn't even supposed to be there but she really didn't have anywhere to go.

So, her father convinced her mother to let her stay and she could...as long as she didn't have any contact of Reign.

She couldn't talk to Reign, she couldn't be around Reign and she couldn't even see Reign.

What's they didn't know wouldn't hurt them, right?

"How was school?" Her father asked her as she walked in.

She was stunned before she didn't see him at first. She held her hand over her heart in shock. "You scared me."

He smiled, "I'm sorry, Kiddo. I was just anxious and I wanted to know if you seen Reign today."

Adeline shook her head before walking over to the kitchen. "Mom said I couldn't see her so I'm not seeing her."

Antony rolled his eyes, "Oh come on! Are you really going to let your mother stand in the way of true love? You love her and she loves you-"

"Actually, dad...we haven't gotten that far in our relationship. If I'm being honest, we haven't even been in a relationship. You can't really expect us to love each other."

Antony nodded before sitting at the kitchen table. "Well, it's not hard to know if you love someone. The hard part is knowing if you're in love with them."

"Well, I can definitely tell you that I'm not in love with Reign. If I can't say the big 3 words and mean it...then I can't even begin to say that I'm in love with her." Adeline assured as she grabbed a water.

Antony hummed, "Well, I know that you are obviously sexually active." He scrunched his nose in disgust, "But is it just that? Or do you get butterflies when she touches you...in a appropriate way, of course?" He asked,

Adeline shrugged, "I don't know. Only time it's appropriate is it we were to hug...I just don't look at things like that."

He sighed, "Do you think about her more than the color pink?"

Adeline rolled her eyes playfully, "No, the color pink is above all." She chuckled before settling into a serious expression, "The color pink is my favorite thing in the world...I'd choose her over it...if that's what you're asking."

Antony smiled even more, "I'm already planning you guys wedding." He assured with a brighter and toothy smile.

"Unbelievable dad." Adeline says before they both broke out into laughter. "Seriously, I think I can maybe possibly love her."