Twenty-eight

"Having sex! In the principal's office? Reign what the hell were you thinking?"

Reign pinched the bridge of her nose, "I wasn't thinking. It seemed fun and I wanted to do it...I didn't know the whole school was going to hear it."

Kendall ran her hands through her hair, "I am trying so hard with you, Reign. I'm trying to be the responsible parent here but I can't if you keep treating me like your sister."

Reign raised her eyebrow, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"You're doing things so reckless. When you were with mom-"

"Your mom. When I was with your mom I developed depression, Anxiety, traumatic panic attacks and I damn near almost attempted. I'm not trying to give you trouble I just wanted to have fun." Reign pointed out.

Kendall sighed before sitting down next to Reign. "I want you to have fun. I want you to have all the fun in the world and I'm sorry for what Vivan put you through but you can't have sex in principal offices. God help me if I find out you did the exact same thing in my room."

Reign looked down at the ground, "I'm sorry, Kendall. It won't happen again."

Kendall nodded, "Damn right it won't because I forbid you to see Adeline."

Reign stood up and scoffed, "You're not my mother!"

Kendall shrugged, "Well, according to your birth certificate, I was the one that squeezed your big ass head out me!"

Reign glared and rolled her eyes, "This is not fair."

"What's not fair is you making me look like a fool. I wanted to prove to Vivan that I could be a good mother and I could raise you right but you're just making her right the more you act out like this." Kendall pointed out.

Reign ran her hands through her hair, "I don't think you understand being a mother. Maybe Vivan was right. You don't be a mother to prove someone wrong. You be a mother to love and support your child. You're supposed to be my only safe place, and I don't blame you if you grounded me—I deserve it. But I don't deserve you just choosing to love me to get back at Vivan. It's unfair to me."

Kendall sighed, "I know. I'm sorry. I do want to make you proud to say I'm your mother...it's just was really important to prove to her that I could love you so much more than she ever loved me. That I could be the mother that I've never had to you."

Reign sighed before pulling Kendall in for hug. She knew Kendall loved her hugs.

"You're still not seeing Adeline." Kendall assured.

Reign groaned, "How about no seeing her for 2 days?"

Kendall shook her head, "A month."

"1 week tops."

Kendall pulled back from the hug, "2 weeks and that's my final offer."

Reign groaned before nodding, "Alright."

"Except for tonight. Her father's assistant called me earlier letting me know that he wanted you to come over for dinner."

"What? Adeline never told me that." She pointed out.

Kendall shrugged, "I don't know why but that's what he said. All I know is that you better be home no later than 11. That will give you time with Adeline and to have dinner with her family."

Reign grinned, "Yup. You're way cooler than mom."

Kendall frowned, "It's only because I was young once. I know how it is."

Reign nodded before she walked over towards the stairs. "I was wondering after tonight, Could you tell me a little more about—Eric. I want to know what I should tell Ella. Are we sisters, cousins, aunt and niece?"

Kendall tensed up, "We can leave that conversation on the table for some other time. Why don't you go upstairs and get ready. I'm sure you don't want to keep the em waiting. That would be a very bad impression waiting to happen." Kendall assured.

Reign smiled softly, "Okay, but what do you think I should wear?"

"Maybe a cute dress-"

Reign chuckled, "No, seriously. What should I actually wear?"

"A cute black dress. You'll look adorable in it."

Reign shook her head, "You have no taste in style. I'm already knowing why you haven't been on a date in years."

Kendall gasped before she picked up the pillow from the couch and threw it in Reign's direction. "Get out of here."

-

While Reign was getting dressed, Adeline was having a much more different conversation.

"Your mother is going to be very furious with you." Adeline father says as he paces back and forth.

Adeline frowned, "I know, and I'm sorry. I know it was reckless and it won't happen again."

She knew she was lying to herself and her father. The exciting feeling she felt with Reign was everything. The adventure was all she needed to heal everything in her.

"Reckless? You're a fucking legend! No one in the Reyes family has did something this crazy. To say I'm proud of you is an understatement. Even if it's really gross...I'm still proud."

Adeline raised her eyebrow, "Are you serious?"

"Yes, just don't tell your mother. She'll be mad at the both of us. Just tell her that I grounded you and took away all your electronics or something." He smiled, "I wish Lucas would get caught with a scandal like this. He's always on the good side and never want to have a little fun." He admits.

"You know, I'm starting to realize that I get all my crazy ideas from you. I would have never thought that you would be okay with this—actually, out of you and mother, I thought you would be the one most mad."

He shook his head, "No, not for something like this. I mean if it was with a man...I'd probably be pissed. But it was with Reign. I'm starting to really like her. She's got you having fun and being happy. I can't wait to meet her tonight."

Adeline eyes widened. She had totally forgot about asking Reign to come over.

"Yeah, I have to go make a call." She rushed upstairs to her room and grabbed her phone. She then dialed Reign's number.

When Reign answered she smiled, "Looks like you're not in big trouble...you still have your phone."

"I am in trouble, just not enough to get my phone taken. Thank you for the invite to dinner tonight though. I'd be there around 8."

"Alright, I'll see you later."

Reign smiled before chewing at her bottom lip, "Wish me luck."

"