Thirteen

Reign's pen tapped onto her paper in a pattern

Reign's pen tapped onto her paper in a pattern. She skipped the whole thing with going out with her friends and she stayed in to write instead.

She was stuck between writing her own book or even starting the project. With everything going wrong, neither Adeline or Reign was able to start the book.

She took out her notebook and she began to write things that was on her mind;

How would I feel in the 1920s? Well, I wouldn't know. How can I feel something that I've never experienced? Sure people can write me a book, a essay, a sentence, whatever they could even think of and ask me how I felt about what happened back then but how I would I know? Was I one of the offensive preys that saw others as none equals? No. Was I the none equal? No. How am I going to tell you something that I didn't experience?

What I can tell you is a fiction story; a story that I believe could have happened during that time. A story of forbidden, sorrows and guilt, something that makes you feel so bad that you were sure you experienced it.

Her fingers stopped above the period key and she smiled. This was the introduction that they needed to start the book, all they needed was the book.

Reign knew she couldn't make any suggestions to the book unless Adeline was around.

She groaned before the door to her room opened.

"Hey, Rei." Winter says as she held her stuffed animal in hand. "I haven't seen you all day." She commented.

Reign frowned, "I'm sorry, winster. I've been busy. But not too busy for you, so what do you what to do first? Makeup? Baking? Our nails? Talk about boys-"

Winter scrunched her nose up, "let's talk about girls. Let's say, you and blondie."

"Blondie?" Reign raised her eyebrow, "Where did you learn that?"

"Dylan says you have a crush on a girl. But don't worry, I didn't tell momma, I know she will be very angry." Winter assured before reaching out her pinky, "I promise." Winter says before Reign hooked her pinky around her little sister's.

"Alright, well aren't you supposed to be in bed? You have school tomorrow and moms going to be home soon." Reign assured.

Winter climbed into her sisters bed. "She called. She says she won't be home tonight, she's staying over at her boo things house and Liam's out at a party along with Dylan. That leaves you to baby sit me. I won't be any trouble, I promise." Winter smiled softly before kicking off of her slippers and laying under the bed covers. "I just don't want to sleep by myself." She assured.

Reign smiled before turning the night stand light off. "Well lucky for you, a knight is never too far from a princess. I'll watch over you and make sure no one gets my little sister, alright?" Reign asked.

Winter giggled, "alright." She assures before Reign laid in the bed beside her, "I can't wait until I go to school tomorrow. My friends won't believe how cool I am. I have a big sister that's better than theirs."