Fifteen

Jacob sat across from Adeline at a fancy dinner table

Today set the day that Jacob and Adeline had been together for 3 months now.

It was a fascinating place to take a girl and Adeline was loving the attention.

"You know, it's been a wonderful 3 months and I'm lucky to have you as my girlfriend." Jacob assures.

Adeline flashes him a simple smile before looking at the menu. "This is all very expensive. Good thing I've got my card."

Jacob shook his head, "None sense. I'm your boyfriend I'm supposed to take care of you." He says before calling the waiter over.

Adeline sent another small smile. "Thank you, Jay."

The waiter walked over and smiled at them both. "What can I do for you guys, today?"

"I want a steak with shrimp Alfredo and a glass of water."

The waiter nodded and wrote the things down before looking up at Adeline. "How about you? What might the lady like."

"I would like the same thing-"

"She would like a salad." Jacob assured before taking her menu and his. "Got to watch those carbs, am I right?" He smirked as the waiter looks between the two.

Adeline forced a smile. "I didn't want that."

"Who's paying?" Jacob questioned,

Adeline scoffed, "I can very much afford to pay for myself. My money could buy this place along that dumbass company your father so call works for."

Jacob looked up at the waiter, "Go get us our things, my girlfriend and I need to talk about a few things." The waiter nodded and walked off. "Listen, you need to chill, alright? You embarrassed me in front of that guy and I don't want to be embarrassed any more. This night is supposed to be a special night for us."

"I don't care how special it is, you aren't going to tell me what I can and can't eat. If I want a steak and shrimp Alfredo then I'll buy me a damn steak and shrimp Alfredo, and If I wanted 2, then I'll buy me 2. If you couldn't afford to get it then you could have just said that." Adeline says before she took out her wallet and grabbed out some cash. "Here, it's enough for both meals plus a tip."

Jacob glared, "Put it away. I don't need your money, I just wanted to treat my girlfriend to a nice meal and that's it. Why are you being so difficult? Just eat the damn salad and be grateful."

Her mouth carved into a fake smile, "I think I would like to leave now."

"But we haven't even got to eat dinner. I haven't even got to tell you what I wanted to tell you." Jacob reached to grab her hand.

Adeline shook her head, "I can't right now. I have things to do and this dinner is a waste of time."

"Waste of time? Adeline, I love you. I want this night to be special."