Chapter Three: Different

Charles carefully watches you, as if he was awfully concerned about your presence in the paddock. You sigh shortly and start fidgeting around with the Ferrari badge thats hung around your neck. 

You've spent the last few days reconsidering the job, but in the end you bit your tongue, telling yourself that your fear of failure wasn't worth passing up on the opportunity at hand. Naturally you would be worried close to the start of the season, and of course you were overthinking, but nonetheless you are walking along side Charles. It will be fine; Your anxiety will eventually calm down. He nudges you.

Charles: Are you alright?

Y/n: Yeah, I'm fine, stop worrying!

He pats your shoulder and together you take a turn left; Three different F1 drivers are huddled up in a small circle off to the side and Char tells you to come and say hi. 

Y/n: Okay...

You follow his step, and as you move closer, it becomes increasingly obvious that you recognise some of the drivers; You've seen pictures of Yuki Tsunoda, Lando Norris and George Russell, who is towering over both Yuki and Lando. Char confidently joins them and immediately drags you along as well. 

Charles: George, Lando, Yuki! *He slaps you on your back in a rather awkward manner* This is my little sister y/n... She'll be working for Ferrari this season...

Y/n: Heyy *You give them a big smile*

All three of them greet you; George grabs your hand and shakes it, which seems a little outdated, but you go along with it nonetheless. Charles chuckles at the weirdness of the scene. Lando introduced himself swiftly, before Yuki gives you a little wave. He informs you about his name, that he's currently racing for Alpha Tauri and he also offers to show you around the paddock some time; You nod and thank him politely.  

Charles: You see, one task less for me to do... Great!

You chuckle at Char's response, and you notice that Lando is glancing at you. 

Yuki: Really though! Any time!

You would be lying if you wouldn't admit that you are slightly distracted by Lando's big smirk when he glances at you. Maybe not starting something with Char's friends will be harder if his friends look as handsome as Lando does... You snap back out of it and focus on Yuki.

Y/n: Yeah, I'd love that *you smile at Yuki again*

Out of no where you feel two strong hands being placed on both of your shoulders. Your head whips around in an attempt to find out who's touching you.

Pierre: What would you love? *You wink at her, while you give her shoulders a slight squeeze*

You stare at him blankly while you push his hands off of your body. Charles laughs and pulls Pierre towards him and greets him. You are purely baffled by how much he has changed; When did he start to look good? In slight disbelief you watch the conversation carry on, as if he hadn't just randomly touched your shoulders.

Charles: Yuki gracefully decided to take her off my hands and show her around some time...

Pierre: Really Tsunoda? You want to spend your afternoon with her? *You glance at her*

You stare at Pierre. 

Yuki: Yeah! Of course, why not?

The eye contact between the two of you is intense.

Y/n: What even is that supposed to mean?

Pierre: Nothing, nothing, why are you so tense Leclerc? Yuki, You're way too kind man... *He smiles at him*

You hate it when people call you by your last name – What's the point of having a first name otherwise? Yuki glances at his watch and says he needs to get going. Charles starts bickering with Pierre, but you can't quite understand what they are saying.

Yuki: Can I get your Instagram y/n? Then I can text you to find a time. Is that alright?

Lando and George chuckle, while you get handed a phone. George gets called from the opposite side of the paddock.

George: Nice to meet you, see you around.

You nod and smile at him.

Y/n: Bye...

George: Bye boys!

He leaves and you type in your Instagram handle, and once Yuki has it, he thanks you and also vanishes. Immediately Lando gives you his phone, for you to repeat the process. He stands quite closely to you, looking onto his screen. You finish typing in your IG handle, and show him. He presses on the request-button and he smiles.

Y/n: There you go...

Lando: Thanks darling...

You glance up in surprise – So he was flirting! A soft smile appears, as you look up into his eyes. But of course the moment can't last long with Charles and Pierre standing opposite of you.

Charles: C'mon man! Stop flirting with my little sister!

Pierre starts laughing as Charles playfully pushes him.

Lando: Yeah yeah yeah! No one's flirting round here... Just wishing her a nice welcome, right?

He winks at you, and you see the disgust in Pierre's eyes. What's his damn problem?

Pierre: Enough dude...

Lando: I'm on my way! Bye...

He walks away, but turns around once or twice, before he properly walks off into the crowd. Charles wraps his arm around your shoulder.

Charles: And you see... that's why we implemented the rule... This flirting business is wayyy too weird... Okay now, let's get you to Ferrari.

Charles guides you with his arm still around your shoulder and Pierre walks ahead of the two of you. Neither of them will probably ever be less protective of you... Might as well get used to it now. Somehow though, you cant stop staring at Pierre; How are you disgusted, yet mesmerised by this douche bag? He turns around to glance at you one more time, your heart flutters, and  he says bye to Char and leaves. What the heck just happened?