Chapter Forty-Four: Break Time

y/n's PoV:

The paddock is jam packed, understandable so; Georgia was kind enough to swap her break with yours, since she tasked you with something new this time around, and you wouldn't be able to take a break during the qualifying then, when you'd have to do the task.

You pass by Aston Martin, Red Bull and McLaren, before you see the white and dark blue outlines of Alpha Tauri's logo. The closer you get, the more excited you become... Then you see Pierre waiting for you; Your heart skips a beat.

You're solely focussed on him and his flirty, little smile, when an arm wraps around you, nearly giving you a heart attack - You whip around only to see your brother. FUCK. You push him off of you.

y/n annoyed: You scared me man...

Charles laughs: Oh come on, don't be like that...

You continue walking past Pierre, seeing the dismay on his face, since you clearly can't go see him now that your brother is right next to you. Fuck man.

y/n laughs: Dude, you legit snuck up on me...

He laughs. God you wish you were with Pierre right now, but instead you're heading down the paddock with your brother.

Charles: So, where are you headed?

You make something up.

y/n: I'm on my break, so I wanted to go grab a coffee for myself.

Charles: Nice... Well I was gonna head to one last interview, the hospitality building is on the way, so I'll take you...

You just thank him swiftly - Completely ignoring the fact that you've had four coffees already...

Charles: By the way, when do you want to get ice cream? Later?

y/n shrugs: I guess whenever you're free...

Charles nods: Yeah at like five or six then maybe... I wanted to go out for dinner with a few people, so I think having the ice cream earlier is better, is that okay?

y/n: Yeah sure... Either way is fine for me. Who are you going with?

Charles: Uhh, as of now it's Max Verstappen - I haven't introduced you to him yet - George, who you know, and Carlos, my teammate... And I assume Carlos is going to bring Lando, so I was thinking about asking Pierre if he wanted to come too... And I'm pretty sure the boys who have girlfriends will bring them...

You just nod.

y/n: Sounds good... Enjoy...

You glance at him.

y/n smirks: I just know about George's girlfriend to be honest, I saw them this morning...

Charles smiles: Yeah, Effie is pretty nice...

y/n: Effie?

Charles: It's short for Elizabeth.

y/n laughs: The only time I ever heard of the name Effie was in the show "Skins", so good to know that it actually exists...

He starts laughing, saying he never saw the show, but he remembers you watching it a couple of years ago; You had a whole phase in high school where you'd binge watch Skins after school to relax. You enter the Hospitality building. He continues talking.